Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took her to the petstore...and we got her a Kong Frisbee. SHE LOVES IT! She will run after it...sometimes catch it ...jump for it...and then when she gets the frisbee she shakes her head and makes it flap from side to side. Then when I tell her "Here!" She actually will bring it back..I dont care that I have to say it a couple of times! Im so happy lol. Not only will she bring it but she will let go when she brings it!!! Usually in the yard...we throw the ball....she picks it up and runs around with it. If she sets it down...and she sees you going for it...she quickly grabs it. lol YAY FOR DUCH!! Now she gets her own personal frisbee time i n the yard and she LOVES IT!:cool2:
:clap2: :fireworks

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! We take duchess's frisbee away once we are inside...so that she doesn't chew it up. lol it is her special outside toy.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Good for Duch!!! :dancing_b

Gracie is pretty good about that stuff for the most part. It all depends on the toy. If it is her KONG ball then we have to tell her a few times. If it's her tire we have to go and get it from her since we don't play with the tire to much with her. Her tug toy OMG if she even see's you reaching for that she gets so excited! If you throw that she comes running back before you even have "Bring it here" all the way out. Frisbes well she loves those too. She will bring those back no problem for the most part. :)

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Yeah!!! What a good Girl!! Spirit loves to play ball with my hubby.. but Spirit will drop the ball at hubby's feet and keep one eye on the ball and one eye on hubby, as soon as hubby starts to grab the ball Spirit will put his foot on it.. He is so silly

·
Registered
58 Posts
Way to go Duch! That is a real accomplishment. These dogs don't generally have the greatest retrieving instincts. I was quite disappointed after having a Lab for so long. I've had to actively teach Lyric and he's still not that good at it. So, it sounds like Duch is really starting to enjoy the game. Great work!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts