Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

DT Halloween Costume Contest: Enter your Dobes Here!

14552 Views 46 Replies 28 Participants Last post by  greenkouki
Hey folks,

I know this is short notice, but we are having a doberman Halloween costume contest, starting NOW! To enter the contest all you need to do is post a photo of your dobe in his/her costume as a reply to this thread (the same as we do for the calendar entries threads each month). This contest is totally unrelated to the calendar contest; however.

The winner of the contest will receive a $50 gift card to a US/CA retail chain (the store is to be determined) and a spot on the homepage with a picture and short bio of your dog if you so choose.

Entry requirements are simple
:

1)Photo is of your dobe or dobes in their respective halloween costumes

2)Photo is of web friendly size ~640x480pixels, nothing larger than 800x600!!!

3)One entry per member

The submission for photos will be open until 10/26, and then the top photos will be chosen and posted as a poll (again similar to the calendar contest) with voting ending 10/29. If you need assistance hosting or posting your photo please just ask and I'll be glad to help :)

Let's see your Halloween dobes!!!
Reactions: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Skeletor Jones!
See less See more
Skeletor Jones!

Hah, you've done exactly what I was going to do, but you've done it 30x better than I would have managed! Need to think of something else now :D
Shanoa the Bee:

See less See more
Those of you who "painted" on your dobes: what do you use?
Reactions: 2
Blueberry as "Bambi" Sorry about the repost. Thanks greenkouki!

See less See more
does it have to be our current dobe, or can it be one that has passed? Nexus did not dress up last year and neither of them have costumes for this year, but I have a photo of Mysti from several years ago when we dressed her up.
Reactions: 1
Oliver as a french pumpkin, I call it his beret. Love the skelton, bee, and bambi. You are all so talented.

Attachments

See less See more
I used acrylic water based paint... but that was last minute thing...

If you can find "Pony Paint" or Liquid chalk...

Trust me!!!!
I used human safe hair spay paint from Target and a stencil....I coved her face while I was spraying her.
Just for fun, Silas' pumpkin fairy costume from a couple years ago.

Oh, the fun you can have at the dollar store. :)

See less See more
I'm going to post this one just for giggles - we were getting him a toy yesterday at our pet store and they were having a fund raiser event for a non-profit no-kill shelter. So we found their only XL costume which he barely fit into, and got this shot.

I don't want to enter it though, as I did not take it, and it's not my costume. I don't have it on my Flickr so you'll have to click the thumbnail to see it.

Attachments

See less See more
I'm going to post this one just for giggles - we were getting him a toy yesterday at our pet store and they were having a fund raiser event for a non-profit no-kill shelter. So we found their only XL costume which he barely fit into, and got this shot.

I don't want to enter it though, as I did not take it, and it's not my costume. I don't have it on my Flickr so you'll have to click the thumbnail to see it.
I heart Silas. This is adorable.
Here's Dexter, who would NOT sit still for me. This was the best I could get... :zoo_taz:
See less See more
Your Dexter is beautiful!

I'm pretty intimidated by these costumes!

Great creativity!
These dobes brought a laugh to my heart .............priceless!!:)
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.