Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, we have a question concerning dry skin. Zoe has bee shedding alot latley and has the most dry skin. I brush her but the flakes are endless. Any ideas you may have to get her coat shinny and her skin moisterized.

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
What food are you feeding? Is she a dilute? I think good skin and coat starts from the inside out with a quality food. I personally supplement both dogs with fish oil, too.

Reactions: LindaH

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
If you use the search box at the top of the page there are loads of really useful threads about dry skin :)

Feeding high quality food, giving sardines, fish oil, not over-brushing or using a harsh brush, washing with cool water instead of hot and not too often, checking for allergies and skin infections ect. Also weather conditions, its normal to shed a bit more this time of year. Good luck with your girl!

·
Registered
11 Posts
girl still swollen after heat?

Hi can any one tell me how long was your female swollen after her Heat cycle?
like few days/2 weeks? did the swelling go all the way down like she was before heat?

thanks for info

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fish Oil?

Can anyone verify "type" of fish oil? My wife got our Zoe some Omega 3 Fish oil from the Vitamin Shoppe. I assume that will work or is there a prefered brand?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts