Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be bringing my new boy home soon and was wondering what dry food might be best. We have used Nutro, and Natural Balance Potato & Duck in the past. I have heard good things about Canidae. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Right now my guy is on special hypoallergenic food :(

But we did try wellness and it's also a great food. You mentioned some of the other brands I was told to try him on that were also good. Good Luck with the new puppy :D

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
******* is on Canidae but I may switch to Innova Puppy. I also heard Wellness was pretty good.

Canidae and Innova (adult) both have over 60% high quality meat in them. That's pretty good, most foods have no where near that amount.

·
Premium Member
8,910 Posts
fletcher99 said:
I'll be bringing my new boy home soon and was wondering what dry food might be best. We have used Nutro, and Natural Balance Potato & Duck in the past. I have heard good things about Canidae. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
What does the breeder feed? I'd start with that and if you like it then stick with it till it is time to switch to an adult kibble.

A lot of breeders feed pro plan puppy because they seem to do so well on it. I've decided not to mess with success after trying a "better" quality puppy kibble for Louise which she did not do well on. Velma got pro plan and did great on it. I switch them both to a premium kibble at around 5 to 6 months old.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
"A lot of breeders feed pro plan puppy because they seem to do so well on it."

That's what Mensa's Breeder recomended, so that's what she ate.

Mensa's almost 7 months old, so she's eating Big Dog Food now. I'm giving her Canidae, all-purpose puppy, adult, and working senior formula. She seems to really like it.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Razzle was on Pro Plan puppy when she came to me at 14 weeks. I kept her on that for a couple of weeks, then slowly transitioned her onto Canidae. She's thrived on that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts