Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
GOT's Kal-Drogo The Horseman (Drogo),TKA, CGC, 7 years; RIP Baron, Miley, Dax, Lonesome, Baron 1
18,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had Drogo to see Dr. Goodwin, the Cardiologist, yesterday to do a baseline echo and holter. We adopted him at 6 1/2 and he is now 7 1/2. Been putting it off because of COVID because the county in PA that we had to travel was always high county in the state but it is now getting better. I actually was allowed to go in with him. He did so good for the echo. And, drum roll please, his heart is all normal. See Report below. Now we wait for the holter!

·
Super Moderator
GOT's Kal-Drogo The Horseman (Drogo),TKA, CGC, 7 years; RIP Baron, Miley, Dax, Lonesome, Baron 1
18,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CAN I HAVE A DRUM ROLL PLEASE: Drogo's preliminary holter results are in and it is good. One small PVC in the lower heart noted. I did not get the hard copies as yet, but I wanted to celebrate! Lots of wine tonight!

·
Super Moderator
18,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Holter Report Back. I am thrilled with this! YAY Drogo!

3 Patient Events were logged.
62439 QRS complexes were detected, 62311 Normal beats. The average heart rate was 58 BPM.
The maximum heart rate was 240 BPM at 18:05:58 and the minimum was 32 BPM at 06:29:06.
1 VE beats were 0.0% of total beats, 1 was isolated.
1 Single Ventricular Ectopic was detected.
No Bigeminy episodes were detected.
No Trigeminy episodes were detected.
No Couplets were detected. No Triplets were detected.
No Ventricular Runs were detected.
No Idioventricular episodes (< 100 bpm) were detected.
1 SV beats were 0.0% of total beats, 1 was isolated.
1 Single Supraventricular Ectopic was detected.
No SV Bigeminy episodes were detected.
No SV Trigeminy episodes were detected.
No SV Couplets were detected. No SV Triplets were detected.
No SVT episodes were detected.
7 Irregular Rhythm episodes were detected, totaling 56.0 seconds in duration.
35 Tachycardia episodes (> 120 bpm) were detected, totaling 29.7 minutes in duration.
122 Bradycardia episodes (< 40 bpm) were detected, totaling 1.3 hours in duration.
3485 Pauses (> 2.0 sec) were detected. The longest Pause was 4.0 seconds at 23:18:56.
26 ST displacement episodes (> 1.5 mm) were detected, totaling 2.4 hours in duration.

·
Super Moderator
18,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Drogo had his second holter done since we adopted him. I rented the rescue's holter and had Alba read it and had their cardiologist review: Another Drum Roll! No evidence of occult DCM on this holter. YAY! Will be making an appointment with his Cardiologist, Dr. Goodwin, to have an echo done sometime in October! I am so thrilled!

Dog Window Carnivore Working animal Dog breed

Plant Dog Vertebrate Tree Working animal

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Collar Road surface

·
Super Moderator
23,426 Posts
Great news!

Reactions: dax0402

·
Super Moderator
18,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I can’t get in to my cardiologist until Feb. and was a little sticker shocked. $800 for the initial consult and echo. I took Roxy in a few years back for a cough and maybe I paid that much, but I’d think I’d remember.
Kim, I had Drogo to Dr. Goodwin in May of 2021 for an echo and 24 holter. I knew I was going to be using the rescue's rental in the future but wanted a baseline holter through the cardiologist. I paid $1,200.00 for the visit, echo, and 24 hour holter. So using the rescue's holter will save me a bundle.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts