Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doggie Breakthrough this morning! Was able to dremel Gia's nails after weeks of slowly desensitizing her to dremel. When she was spayed, they held her down and dremeled her nails and she literally shook the first time I tried. She was nervous today but no shaking and no freaking out. Of course, I Kelso first so she could see he didn't die from having nails sanded! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found FAQ, says to delete post use 'edit.' But, I get to that screen and there is no delete option. Grrr!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I don't think you can delete posts here. If you can, I don't know how/have never tried it. Though I go back to some of my old posts and wish I could, haha. Some of them are so embarassing!

Anyhow, that's awesome! I am going to make sure my next puppy has nothing but positive experiences with the dremel. My current dogs I can all dremel by myself, but none of them like it. Both Dobermans kick and fidget a bit and Keira shakes a little (but she shakes for everything - fear, excitement, etc.). Dance is awful. She wiggles and squirms and screams and is not fun at all to try and dremel nails on. But we get it done and she's perfectly fine and happy as soon as it's over. It'd be so much easier to have a dog that just tolerated the dremel nicely and layed totally still for it though. I hope I get that with my next dog. My current guys were not desensitized to it the way I would now do it as puppies. Instead I waited until they were terrible for it as adults and then tried desensitizing, and they're a lot better and I get it done quickly, but I am sure they'd be even better if I'd done it right from the get go.

Reactions: Beaumont67

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,316 Posts
Ordinary folks :) here cannot delete messages; moderators can. But we DON'T!

We will occasionally move threads out of public view if there is a GOOD reason--like there is with this one--a totally redundant thread gets posted by accident. No one had posted yet on your duplicate, so I took the liberty of removing it to our place for unwanted threads :( *sniff*

In general, though, it is firm policy that posts will not be deleted--that means you should think about what you say and be certain you really want to post something that will hang around and be accessible on this forum FOREVER!! :)

·
joie de vivre
11,272 Posts
That's awesome. It's a good feeling, isn't it?

Both my girls push each other out of the way and want to be the first one at nail time. They also both try to hand me their feet when I'm doing the other one's nails. Fiona will inch closer and closer to me and start lifting her paw and sitting it on my arm. Tali will stretch a leg all the way across my lap and paw me repeatedly trying to get me to pick up her foot. LOL And when we're done with nails they both sit right in front of me and hand me their feet for the prep H on the quicks.

My friends and family think I'm amazing when they see it. LOL I'm not. My dogs are just attention whores - including attention in the form of grooming - and they love the piece of cheese or sausage they get at the end of nail sessions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts