Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Home Page

The website isn't much, but this breeder came recommended to me by someone who owns one of their beautiful dobes. I was wondering if anyone else had an experience with them?

The puppies come docked&cropped, pet price is 800, they're tested, parents are clear of Von Willebrands. She has one or two litters every couple years or so (Her last litter was in 2010, and she'll be breeding a black bitch later this month), and seems to breed very beautiful animals. (not sure how to read pedigrees or see what possible health problems might be in the bloodlines)

Pups are raised in house, with small dogs, cats, children, and so on, so they get early socialization. She says she doesn't have a dog with high prey-drive in her line, which is important to me since I have 2 small dogs and a cat and don't want them to end up squeektoys.

Anyway, does this sound/look like a good breeder? Everything looks wonderful to me, but I'm the novice here so bow to the more experienced. The plus is, she lives very near to me so I'll be able to go there and meet her and her dogs.

·
Back Off
1,721 Posts
Others familiar with the show world will have a better comment, but here's my opinion. The dogs pictured do certainly look nice and they all seem to at least have a CH title. The only thing that concerns me is that the only health test she has placed on the website and by all of her dogs is 'Vwd clear', meaning that's possibly the only health testing she's done?

Again, I am no pro, this just red flagged me :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Diana Ray (D'Ray) is a very honest and good person. Her dogs all go back to my stuff. I show for her. Sorry about the web site, I make it and I haven't done anything to her or mine lately (or Sunburg). Lazy me! I imagine she is breeding Betsy. She is a nice girl.

It makes me happy to read this :) Its the impression I got from her in her emails, and from the person who recommended her to me, and it's nice to hear further confirmation. I'm so excited about her upcoming litter!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have one of D'Rays Dobes. She is from (sire) Ch. Richwyn's Top of the Mark and (dam) D'Rays Betsy Ross. Very beautiful dog! Feel free to contact me and I'll give you more info.

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
I was going to say, I'm sure they're great if they're associated with Jana.
Pet prices are only $800, or is that a typo and it's supposed to be $1,800?
Beautiful dogs!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was going to say, I'm sure they're great if they're associated with Jana.
Pet prices are only $800, or is that a typo and it's supposed to be $1,800?
Beautiful dogs!
Her "pet" prices are reasonable. $800 to $1,000 sounds fair from D'Rays.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts