Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
KaitlynRose
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much does Dr.Staples charge for ear cropping and it is worth going? My Tucker is 8 weeks old now and I want the best for him! Also, can anyone send me pictures of their ear crops by Dr.Staples? Thanks so much!:)

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
How much does Dr.Staples charge for ear cropping and it is worth going? My Tucker is 8 weeks old now and I want the best for him! Also, can anyone send me pictures of their ear crops by Dr.Staples? Thanks so much!:)
I don't know what Dr. Staples charges but I have seen many, many crops he has done on show puppies both from Canada and Northern Michigan. He does a great job. You won't be sorry.

Reactions: Sinister

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
you will have to call his office-i'm pretty sure you pay more for a single pup than if you bring a litter in....

·
Registered
11,889 Posts

ThkU kaitlynrose:
For being smart enough, to inquire about Dr. Staples (from London, ON.) and doing your research.

While my breeder is out of Montreal and she handled the show crop, over 11 years ago...a dober pup is only born with one pair of ears.

Plus the fact that, Guelph Vet College does not train in this procedure....(how you say..."new Vet, wants to learn on my puppy")...I say NO.

Regardless of the price, Dr. Staples is the #1 in our province...without question.
While I have never checked his pricing, I believe it is more than reasonable.
ONLY ONE CHANCE TO DO IT CORRECT...no need to shave or pinch pennies.
- just book the appointment and get it done...and be HAPPY, with the results

P.S. - we all welcome, baby photos and sharing furkid story time !!

·
Dober-DERP
302 Posts
If you can get a hold of them :( When I was considering a puppy a while back, I was trying to call the office to get a price but the line was busy 24/7 and no answering machine or there was no answer when it'd ring (during business hours)

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
I don't know what he charges nor what is normal for a crop from a recommended cropping artist/vet (my boy's breeder took care of the crop for me). That being said, I've heard only rave recommendations about Dr. Staples. Also, your dog only gets one pair of ears and you'll have to look at them for the life of the dog so, personally, ears aren't something that I"d ever "go cheap" on.

·
Dober-DERP
302 Posts
I"ve heard only rave recommendations about Dr. Staples. Also, your dog only gets one pair of ears and you'll have to look at them for the life of the dog so, personally, ears aren't something that I"d ever "go cheap" on.
You mean to tell me that people do "cheap" medical procedures on their furbabies?????:confused:

What the hell...that'd be like getting cheap fake tits. Doesn't seem like a good idea. Plastic surgery for humans or a dragon-slaying fur kid, should ALWAYS be done by the very best. You don't get a second chance!

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
You mean to tell me that people do "cheap" medical procedures on their furbabies?????:confused:

What the hell...that'd be like getting cheap fake tits. Doesn't seem like a good idea. Plastic surgery for humans or a dragon-slaying fur kid, should ALWAYS be done by the very best. You don't get a second chance!
Yeah, it happens and it's really depressing. Many of the examples in this thread are not the WORST that I"ve ever seen but it's not my place to use pictures of dobes that I don't own without the permission of the owner... http://www.dobermantalk.com/doberman-related-chat/66929-bad-ear-crops.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts