Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
No, but you just know those names sound like byb, don't you? If these are your pups sire and dam, it doesn't matter at this point anyway. Enjoy your puppy and move on. Only you can decide if you're happy supporting a breeder who just slams two dogs together and calls themselves a breeder. Or if you prefer to support someone who health tests, yada yada and tries to think of the longe range aspects of their breeding program.

Of course, this is all hypothetical since I don't know anything about these dogs. I think some titled show dogs names are pretty stupid as well.;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I should move on and have....but I thought it might not be a bad idea to get the name out there to see if anyone else has purchased a puppy from these people. I am just curious to see if so; was their experience as negative as mine. Although my Jakeup is a sweetie and I wouldn't trade him for the world at this point. I have learned from my mistakes and would like to get the warning out there if somebody is considering a pup from her...

·
Registered
147 Posts
what were your negative experiences with this person? It's easy to jump the gun when the decision to bring a puppy into the family has been made. I also recently bought a puppy from less than stellar breeder. In my haste, I chose to purchase a pup from her due to her proximity to my home instead of doing an adequate amount of research on her. After the fact, I continued to research the breeder and what I found astonished me...lie after lie....Either way, I still love my boy more than anything, but I will never support a byb in the future. Everyone makes mistakes at some point in their lives, the important thing is to learn from them. Wish you the best with Jakeup....FYI I love how you spell his name...reminds of hiccup:)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what were your negative experiences with this person? It's easy to jump the gun when the decision to bring a puppy into the family has been made. I also recently bought a puppy from less than stellar breeder. In my haste, I chose to purchase a pup from her due to her proximity to my home instead of doing an adequate amount of research on her. After the fact, I continued to research the breeder and what I found astonished me...lie after lie....Either way, I still love my boy more than anything, but I will never support a byb in the future. Everyone makes mistakes at some point in their lives, the important thing is to learn from them. Wish you the best with Jakeup....FYI I love how you spell his name...reminds of hiccup:)
Thanks! When we brought Jakeup home my 8 year old daughter put a post on my Facebook page annoucing our new pup and that is how she spelled it. I liked it and decided to keep it that way. The negative experience is that the lady I purchased him from Ashley Jones near Jackson , TN claimed she owned the dame and her brother in law had the sire. She was not claiming to be a "breeder" ; however when I got him the papers said the breeders name was Dr. Nicole Arrington and the telephone number was marked out. I contacted the reg. papers to get the number and it was just the same lady Ashly Jones. She never returned my call. When I took Jake to the vet to have his first look over the vet told me that Jake had been castrated ; he had a small scar there; he was 9 weeks old at the time; when I contacted Ashley she denied it via txt message; she never would take my call. I called her vet that she claimed she took him to and thet didn'y know her; or hadnt had any doberman puppies either. Therefore I wondered if anything she told me was true. I was really gullable. I have the tendancy to believe everyone is honest as myself. I just felt sick to my stomach about it and wondered was he stolen? Did he come from a puppy mill? I have know idea. I was stupid enough to meet her half way between Jackson and where I live to get him. I checked both the numbers on a reverse look up and they were both cell phones. I just wanted to see if I put the name on this site if anyone may have heard of them; I am fearful they have scammed other people as well. I know I will never buy from a crook; or a BYB ever again; If I am ever in need of another Dobe it will be from a breeder with good rep or a rescue! I dont know if the dame and sire I listed on the original post are truley Jakes parents; that is what his papers say; who knows. His supossed father was white with several other whites in his pedigree. I wonder if that is why they castrated him; in fear he would produce more whites; It is a mystery to me. Other than that Jake is awesome; couln't ask for a better pet...

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
You should link your thread with all the details here so the info is here for people if they look up her or the dogs names. I cant believe she denies castrating him! That is something you need to know in case they are retained. And giving you a vets name she has never seen, your byb is a piece of work! Anyone should always insist on seeing where a puppy lives, never meet the breeder. You just know the living conditions were horrible. Thanks for posting about this byb breeder.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You should link your thread with all the details here so the info is here for people if they look up her or the dogs names. I cant believe she denies castrating him! That is something you need to know in case they are retained. And giving you a vets name she has never seen, your byb is a piece of work! Anyone should always insist on seeing where a puppy lives, never meet the breeder. You just know the living conditions were horrible. Thanks for posting about this byb breeder.
LindaH...It makes me sick to think about it.. I was hesitant to tell this horrible story because I have to admit the ignorant mistakes I made. However I wanted to make sure I got her name out there; how do I link my thread and the details; I would love to do that. My vet is signing my complaint packet that I am sending to the CKC; I am sure that will be a waist of time but at least there will be an offical complaint on file. I bet Jake thought he was in heaven when he came home with us.....also I posted those ear shots you wanted in the Doberman Related chat section....

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Dont dwell m it too much. You have done most all you can to get the word out about her. Enjoy your pup and have fun with him. He is adorable. To link, left click and drag or copy and paste the address at the very top of your comptuter screen when you are on the detailed thread. Release or paste to a new post on this thread. You will need two screens/sessions up when clicking and dragging. Not sure about copy and paste as I dont do that.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics. Will go look for them. Noticf they werent in Puppy section.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Wow, that's a lot of lies. That's a sure way to generate bad word of mouth. Do these breeders really think it won't come back and bite them in the butt down the road? When I get lied to, I remember.:mad:

·
Registered
16,037 Posts

·
Always Grateful
6,952 Posts
I admire you for telling your story in public. It may save others some heartache. He's a very cute puppy and you sound like a caring human. Glad you found this forum and hope for many photos as your puppy is growing up. Also hope you find out his medical background on the possible neuter. Good luck!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I admire you for telling your story in public. It may save others some heartache. He's a very cute puppy and you sound like a caring human. Glad you found this forum and hope for many photos as your puppy is growing up. Also hope you find out his medical background on the possible neuter. Good luck!
Thanks Tricia I appreciate that....My vet is certain he was neutered..Also I too am so glad to have found this forum. I have found so much support and help here. For the haters of DT; they either get their feelings hurt when the truth is offered or they are doing something that is not acceptable to better of the breed. I found the Beware of DT early on when I first started lurking here and was a little uneasy about what I was in for; only to find some really awesome people who seem to genually care about the well being of me and my puppy:nicejob:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have! She's the breeder listed on my Dobermans Papers. Your story sounds just like mine. My doberman is now 3. My husband found her online. The only time she ever answered the phone was the day my husband bought her. I love my doberman dearly and would not trade her for anything but I've never felt right about the breeder. She talked my husband into meeting her 1/2 way and he fell for it. I tried to trace all her paperwork and there is no record. I've called the Pet Vax she claimed she used and they have no record of her or any Doberman at all. Nothing of what we were told adds up or checks out. I will never forget how she smelled when we got her. It was an extremely sickly smell. She was also extremely nervous and skiddish. Even my vets office thought something unusual went on before we got her. She use to urinate all over the place in fear. Just broke my heart. We love her dearly and she has matured into a confident Dobe Girl. She has so much personality and nuzzles your hand for constant affection. Thank You for posting this. I have searched for 3 years on anything about this breeder and found nothing. That's how unconfident I've felt about this breeder.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dr. Nicole Arrington is an AKA for Tabitha Nicole Webb that has already been prosecuted for 101 charges of animal cruelty and neglect. DO NOT BUY AN ANIMAL FROM HER. her and ber husband George Doyle run a puppy mill and are scammers. I purchased a Shar Pei from them at Thanksgiving and he had numerous health issues, broke tail, hear murmur, posturing front legs, no testicles, discolored teeth due to tons of antibiotics, infected nails, worms, ear inefections, eyes needed tacking. He was sold as show and breed quality; neither of which he can do. The Health Guarantee was signed with a fraudulent name. She is not a Dr. of any kind. Even with all his health issues we love our Henri. We would never, ever let those horrible people take him back. If anyone has purchased an animal from these people please contact me at [email protected].

·
Registered
9 Posts
STATE OF TENNESSEE V. SANDRA KAY WEBB AND TABITHA NICOLE WEBB
State of Tennessee v. Sandra Kay Webb and Tabitha Nicole Webb
W2001-00447-CCA-R3-CD
The defendants, Sandra Kay Webb and Tabitha Nicole Webb, were convicted of forty-seven counts of cruelty to animals and each was sentenced to concurrent sentences of eleven months and twenty-nine days for each count, with incarceration for sixty days and a prohibition from either owning animals for ten years. In addition, the defendants were ordered to pay $39,978.85 in restitution to the Jackson-Madison County Humane Society and to perform fifty hours of community service work, and each defendant was fined a total of $5000. Soon afterwards, the trial court found that each had possessed animals since their convictions and revoked their community corrections sentences. On appeal, the defendants argue that their convictions should be reversed because the search warrant affidavit was defective, as was its execution; the affiant was untruthful in the affidavit; the animal cruelty statute is unconstitutionally vague; animal shelter records, utilized by the State during the trial, were hearsay and should not have been allowed; the evidence was insufficient, failing to prove either that the defendants acted knowingly or intentionally or failed to provide necessary care; the humane society was not entitled to restitution; the defendants should not have been required to serve their sentences in incarceration or prohibited for ten years from possessing animals; their community corrections sentences should not have been revoked; and the court should not have ordered that their dogs be forfeited. Following our review, we affirm the judgments of the trial court as to forty-seven of the counts, but remand for entry of a corrected judgment to show that the defendants were acquitted of Count 8 and for an evidentiary hearing as to the payment of restitution.

Authoring Judge:* Judge Alan E. Glenn
Originating Judge:* Judge Roger A. Page
Date Filed:* Tuesday, June 24, 2003
State of Tennessee v. Sandra Kay Webb and Tabitha Nicole Webb

1 - 18 of 18 Posts