Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is Dozer...

Yes the Prong is too low, it was before I adjusted it.

Wondering what that crazy puppy is doing...

Who's there?!

So far no one has responded to the flyers. Thanks CoAl-s-Mom, the newspaper did agree to run the ad for free, so we'll see if anyone will respond. My sister says he's doing well, being very playful and eating lots of food. She also says he's very obedient (if only we could all be that lucky), and hasn't given her any problems, although he's still screaming at the squirrels, lol. I passed along all the great advice that you all gave me, and she's starting to work with him on that. I'll keep you posted.

Just for fun...We're getting ready for winter :)

His right ear tip is standing a lot better, but you'll notice that the ear itself is tilted outward instead of straight up like the left ear. I put them back up, and I'm going to continue posting until the rest of his teeth come in. After all his teeth come in, how long should I keep posting before realizing that's as good as it gets?

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Wow, he's sure is a good looking boy, that's for sure... I can see why you wanted to keep him! I can't believe his owners aren't going crazy trying to find him! A simple 2 second shot and $16.00 would have ensured he'd always have identification.
Glad to hear that he's working out well with your sister. How is her bf/husband dealing with the allergies?

Apollo is adorable! The only draw back to living in such a warm climate now is that I can't buy the dogs all the cute coats that are out now :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He's so incredibly sweet too!...such a calm puppy. Her boyfriend's allergies are doing ok, thanks for asking. It's a little bit uncomfortable for him because he also has asthma, but his doctor said to give the allergy medication some time to kick in and to resist giving the puppy hugs (which I know is always difficult for me:-D). He said it should get a lot better with some time. He may also try getting weekly (which are then reduced to monthly, and finally yearly) allergy shots instead of pills. The shots are supposed to be more affective. A friend of mine had a horrible allergy to cats, and he went through the shot process and can now visit his mom (who owns two long haired cats) with no problems. So we'll see...

As for Apollo...thanks! He may be cute, but my goodness is he such a little trouble maker! There's never a dull moment around here. Lol, I've gone insane buying him winter coats and sweaters...he has more than I do, and that's sad. My Pom hated sweaters (not that he really needed them with all that fluff), so I'm glad Apollo will tollerate anything I put on him :)

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Oh, he is a heartthrob!! Glad to hear he is adjusting well and getting along at his new home!

BTW- Apollo is a heartthrob too!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TracyInVa said:
Wow i dont think ive ever seen a dogs coat as shiny as that :) what a healthy purty boy :)
I wish I would've taken a picture before his bath an before I brushed him...he cleaned up quite nicely :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
They look like they are getting along real nicely. I forgot, what was the reason you could not keep Dozer?
Also, what kind of collar is Apollo wearing, the black one with silver dots on it? I had a black leather one with dots instead of spikes for Alex that I just retired but now can't find another one. All of the ones I see for 18+" are just too thick, about 1" and he is too skinny for that.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
doberlover said:
They look like they are getting along real nicely. I forgot, what was the reason you could not keep Dozer?
Also, what kind of collar is Apollo wearing, the black one with silver dots on it? I had a black leather one with dots instead of spikes for Alex that I just retired but now can't find another one. All of the ones I see for 18+" are just too thick, about 1" and he is too skinny for that.
I decided not to keep Dozer because I wanted to focus all my attention on Apollo...it's actually more like he DEMANDS all my attention. We still have a lot of bonding to do, and there is so much I still need to teach him. Puppies are quite a handful, and I didn't want to disrupt his learning process by adding another dog at this point. It also seems to be the general opinion that two males should not live together, so my sister has agreed to take care of him until he is claimed, or to provide a permanent home for him in case he isn't. We are visiting him this weekend so they can have playtime :)

Apollo's collar is a nylon collar with silver paw prints on it. It's 1/2inch thick. I got it at Meijer, and they also have red and blue with silver prints.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts