Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently met up with one of Lokka's siblings. Was interesting to see how she was growing compared to others from her litter. Not much difference really.

My girl has definately a softer (for lack of a better word) personality. Her sister is around dogs more at a day care which probably makes the difference.

We took some time to let the girls get to know each other before letting them loose. They had a blast. Whoever said dogs don't have expressive faces probably never had one. They look so ferocious at times.

My baby is in the red/blue collar. Bit heavier built, touch wider in the head too. Wish I had the longer lens with me. Hubby almost got taken out, wasn't keeping an eye on them. They had a whole field to run in but of course had to keep circling around us. They sure could move!! Crazy girls!!

Dog Dog breed Dobermann Carnivore Working animal

Dog Carnivore Dobermann Dog breed Fence

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Fawn Liver

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Fence Companion dog

Dog Dobermann Dog supply Carnivore Dog breed

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Dog supply Tree

Registered
Makes a huge difference both in helping with socialization and a dog that can give as well as she can take! Just curious how old are they now and how long were they playing before settling a little? Also a curious little question in the back of our heads "I wonder if they remember each other?"

We also found a sibling, wish we found more... but as puppies they played for hours & hours almost non-stop!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Makes a huge difference both in helping with socialization and a dog that can give as well as she can take! Just curious how old are they now and how long were they playing before settling a little? Also a curious little question in the back of our heads "I wonder if they remember each other?"

We also found a sibling, wish we found more... but as puppies they played for hours & hours almost non-stop!
They are almost 14 months. They were at it for about 1 1/2 hours. We did stop them periodically for a quick breather and to make sure it really was all play. And if someone was coming by, we kept a good watch in case. And no, don't think they recognized each other at all. It was a typical dobbie meet, both initially suspicious of the other one.

One kid on roller blades was just fascinated by them. They really were amazing to see!

Registered
Thx for sharing such delightful, fun photos! Ah, the 'Wipeout'. Definately have to watch out for that. Our first Doberman taught us you do not move even when they are running at you full steam.
Takes nerves of steel, but he would always swerve right at the last moment and miss flattening you. I thought all Dobermans had that technique. Nope, our next Doberman was not aware or had not been taught that rule. I played fair and did not move. I was 'wiped out'. And she does it everytime, if you are watching and don't get out of the way.

Super Moderator
Hairy Dog RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
Capri had the most wonderful recall. I'd say "Capri, Come!" and she would gallop toward me at full speed, and end in a perfect sit in front.

After she bounced her feet off my stomach to stop herself. It took me forever to train that one away--for a while I had to yell "SIT!" when she was about halfway to me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts