Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who use dogtra, do you use the contact points that came with the collar or did you buy smaller (1/2 inch if I am correct) ones?
And did you change the strap of the collar (I saw some use the Cinch it)?

Searched for a similar thread but didn't find one, hope I didn't miss anything.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I tried to find the dogtra contact points on ebay, but no luck? Since I am from overseas, your stores don't ship to me and the safest bet was ebay.. Will look at the cinch it, as my girls neck is pretty tiny.

You mean this: SD Comfort Adapter for SportDOG SD 400 / 800 -- Short. $29.95 (Save $5.05) ? What is it for? I would think it also lessens the power of the collar by distributing it onto a wider surface?

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I thought these type of contacts would lessen the irritation part. Since the nuts are more rounded then the regular dogtra contact points. They do make them for dogtra. But I dont know what models they fit.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Found the perfect solution. Went to the hardware store and bought 4 (We have Dogtra for 2 dogs. If you have 1 collar you will only need 2 acorn nuts) #6-32 (thread size) acorn nuts. If you can buy stainless steel ones the better. They are very rounded. They almost look like the shortest Dogtra ones. I also bought 4 #6 flat washers.
Total spent less than $2. Don't know if the Dogtra's they sell in Europe have metric hardware.
Just take off the Dogtra contact points. Put on 2 washers on each side then put on the acorn nut. Do not over tighten. The Dogtra contact points are $9 + shipping

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Update on the Dogtra contact points which I replaced with Acorn Cap nuts. After almost 2 weeks our dobes necks look great. A lot, lot less irritation from the more rounded Cap nut.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts