Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi this is my first time here i have a 2yr old female doberman she is great soppy loving but she hates birds and i mean really hates them when she is out in the garden if a bird flies over, or lands on nearby roofs she goes off the scale in seconds barking, howling, pacing the stress she seems to be under is scary can anyone help with any advice on how to help her :thanx:

·
Super Moderator
21,988 Posts
Have you consulted with a trainer or behaviorist? What steps have you taken to address the problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have tried a bark collar that makes a sound when she barks she just got used to it then someone said a spray of cold water in her face but that only helped with the barking for as long as you sprayed her the stress just escalated, another dog trainer said make a loud noise to get her attention that just didnt work

·
Super Moderator
21,988 Posts
The things you've tried probably are making her even more "ramped up" or excited. I would suggest you contact a trainer near you from this list: Search for Professionals.

You might also want to post this in the Training and Behavior section, as you will probably get more input.

·
#1 Stunner
464 Posts
Is it possible to take a video of her doing this and post it in a new thread in the training section? I imagine it would help some more experienced members offer good advice to see the behavior.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts