Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here had any success in putting a t-shirt on their pooch?

I bought Toro a nice, snug fitting "Security" tee, to match his bandana, and to ease the cold of the winter a bit, and by the end of the first day it was in shreds!

I thought that since it was snug and tapered fitting it would be ok! Boy, was I wrong!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Well Orson doesn't wear any "shirts" but he does have a winter jacket. He hated that thing the first time I put it on him, he tried his best to bite it off. I hooked up the leash and we went for a nice walk while wearing his coat. That helped him get used to moving about with it on, and it showed him the point of it (to not get cold) Now on especially cold days I put his jacket on in the house (because my husband insists on keeping the heat set to 68 and this house is drafty) and he leaves it alone, I think he even enjoys it somewhat now.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
My Mo LOVES to get dressed up! She has more outfits than I do! LOL The new one as well doesn't mind at all! I can't wait for spring and making them some shirts!!!!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Mine have no problems now. When they were smaller, they didn't like the idea of it. They learned to like the fact. Now when the sweaters come out, they sit nicely to get them on and give me their paws to put through the leg holes. Doodle shredded his first one that I ever bought him. He liked it that much. Mine are suckers for telling them that they are pretty. They have egos the size of Texas. The sweaters always stayed on in the end. Doodle brings me his now to put on. Somehow he always finds where I put them.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Duchess didnt mind wearing everything....she even never complained once about wearing my altered undwear around with a pad in it during her heat lol.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
LapDog said:
she even never complained once about wearing my altered undwear around with a pad in it during her heat lol.

Good Lord, what women go thru!!! LOL She WILL get you back for all the outfits, LD. you know it's coming.....

cc

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, maybe I'll try again in a few months...he seems to be starting to mature a little...and this time I won't leave it on all day...just for our walks...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ha ha, yes I have..
Here are some clickable shots.
One of Max

& then Max & Mindy before the big game.

Max actually seems to like wearing them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts