Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Brilliant story,positive PR for a change.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
I think this answers everybody's question about"is my dobe going to be protective" that we have had on several occasions!!they can be the quietest Dobie in the world but when they are needed they are quite prepared to stand up and be counted.

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Now thats what I'm talking about. Silent, but ready. Plus their golden rule,"Never mess with my Mommy!!!!"

·
Registered
117 Posts
Great story!!!
It reminds of another a little closer to home.
My sister has 2 dobies (Zoe and Boris) and little girls about 6 and 3 at the time. They were playing in the front yard and my sister went in the check on her baby boy. A man walked by and walking into the yard. Zoe jumped the fence pinned down the man and held him there. My sister came out right then and call Zoe to her. The man ran off, before she could even ask him anything. Thus, I am happy to have a baby of Zoe and Boris.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Great story, and very important I think is the fact that the dog DID NOT BITE!!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
We all know that had Zeus wanted to hurt the guy, he would not have been able to run away from the scene. Any bets that Zeus showed him more mercy than the robber would have shown his owner had Zeus not been there?

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Great, Glorious Story!!!!!! and I agree Okie..........she probably would have been a statistic by now :(
I think if Zues had given him a bite or two nobody would have complained but the robber....................BUT I think it is a wonderful show of the character of this breed that he didn't need to bite! :)
Bet that robber will think twice about a life of crime!

·
Registered
144 Posts
ps4570 said:
When would-be robber pulls knife on woman, her Doberman attacks
By Mara Stine

http://www.theoutlookonline.com/news/story.php?story_id=116962126588123700
AWESOME!

Love that story! Funny about that thing about proctecting "victims'" names. Seems to me in this case the "victim" was the stupid-ass robber!!

I enjoy the leeway people give me walking Toro through my neighborhood. I live in a rough neighborhood, and although I myself don't look like a victim, having a big black dobe only adds to the intimidation factor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I often wonder if I was in this situation if Brutus would do the same thing. I wonder becuase he's a big baby. He gets scared when he's in small places, he gets scared at cars on the street, just really random things.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts