Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pack Leader
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guys name is Cesar Milan. Here is a link to the website for the show.

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/channel/dogwhisperer/

I set my TIVO to record this show and let me say I am impressed with this guy. He seems to really know dogs and more importantly he is not afraid to tell the owners - YOUR THE PROBLEM!.

I was just wondering if anyone else has watched his show and what your opinion is of him and the show.

TD

·
Registered
421 Posts
I heard bad things about it so I nevr bothered watching it. I already feel like I am the dog whisperer :haha: Hell,I talk to them.
I'll try to catch it sometime,I don't have tivo.

Did he say anyhting about "dangeroues breeds"? I can't remember what it was that I heard.

·
Banned
675 Posts
On a Doberman email list I'm on there have been some debates about him. Some people say he's abusive, some say he's not. I watched his show a few times and didn't see anything he did that I would call abusive, and the things he said were very common sense. One of the posters on the other list insists that he is abusive in "real life", just not on the tv show. I don't know if that's true or not.

As far as "dangerous breeds", I haven't heard him say anything breed specific. He owns a lot of dogs, I think I heard that many of them were problem dogs that he adopted, and a lot of them are pit bulls, so I don't think he has any breed prejudices in that direction, if that's what you meant.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I saw the guy on Oprah and like micdobe said "the things he said were very common sense". Oprah has problems with her cocker spaniel (imagine that :) ) and he worked with her on sep. anxiety and dog aggression. The funniest part was when he brought his pack of 4 or 5 up to the cocker (Poor Oprah about died) with the pack leader being a very pretty Pit, so I don't think he has issue with "dangerous breeds".

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I love watching that guy! He just is in it for the dogs, he has a whole pack of pitts I see a dobe and a few rott mixed in too. Yeah they were mostly rescues deemed too problematic (aggressive, unsafe, etc) that he turned around and took in, and they all run around together. Dogs are dogs to him.

In my opinion he is not abusive at all. He shows the dogs that he is in charge and he is their leader. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. What amazes me is that 1 it is all common sense, no funny training business, and 2 I swear he's not afraid at all!!!! I love how he gets after the owners!! They need to hear that!! It's always the dog's problem to people ya know....

I give him an five star rating!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Before I gave cable the boot(5 million channels and never a thing on! Pbbt!!) I used to watch Cesar all the time. I think he brings a fresh prospective to dealing with behavior problems in dogs and I always enjoyed seeing how he was going to handle each case, esp. the ones where you thought there would be no hope.

The only problem with the show was that the network aired the same five episodes over and over and over again. I swear the episode w/the Chi who wore shoes was played once a week. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I really like him.. Like the others have said, a lot of what he does and says are good commen sense things. Like making the dog walk with you and not ahead of you. We tried his techinque about taking a new dog on a walk first before doing anything with the dog. Iris came to us without any training, never had a collar on, never been on a leash or for a walk. I took her for an hour long walk like Cesar suggested on one of his shows and IT WORKED.. well, just my 2 cents
and you all know that
DOBERMANS RULE!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
YEah, Dobe Paws, I feel like I keep seeing the one with the Great dane that won't walk on the linolium, and also the sheltie that barks at the toaster!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts