Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was wondering how much and what information you put on your dog's tag?

I put her name, my husband and I's cell phones, and the vet's number. Enough?

Thanks in advance :)

·
BYB Hunter
1,058 Posts
Haha I just put her name, and our house number.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Side A:
I BELONG TO

Side B:
REWARD GIVEN
JOHN DOE
34 ELGIN ST.
ACME, ONT.
ph. 5xx-6xx-7xxx

I don't let a stranger know my dogs name, if stolen.
- first dobe probably could be coaxed out of the car or house / current dobe, not likely
Rotate old tag, to the new puppy...and luckly we have had the same phone # and tag, since 1980.
- my dogs have only been tatooed, no M/Chip

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
yep. this is why I don't include their names.

- first dobe probably could be coaxed out of the car or house / current dobe, not likely
Rotate old tag, to the new puppy...and luckly we have had the same phone # and tag, since 1980.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Her old tag just said her name. She managed to lose it somehow last time I took her to play with my sister's dog. When I get her a new one I'd like it to have my # on the front, "REWARD FOR RETURN" and "NEEDS DAILY MEDS" on the back.

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
Great tag clip. We have several :)

Rubit Clips "Carabiner Dog Tag Clips

Her old tag just said her name. She managed to lose it somehow last time I took her to play with my sister's dog. When I get her a new one I'd like it to have my # on the front, "REWARD FOR RETURN" and "NEEDS DAILY MEDS" on the back.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Hmm...good post. I actually just got a new tag made. The front says "Gunner" and the back has my cell phone number and my husband's number. I hadn't thought about the name thing being an issue...oops.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Luckily, very few people can pronounce Dreizehn's name and, although he knows it, he probably wouldn't go to them instead of me if they did.

In all seriousness, I considered not putting his name on his tag but I caved.
He has 3 other tags (microchip, insurance, and rabies) which have phone numbers to contact that will lead to finding me. He also has a few marks that I can identify (specific white hairs, cowlick on his right shoulder, and a specific chipped tooth) in case somebody tries to pass him off as their's, not to mention that he's microchipped.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Name Cell # Home# Micro Chip # also what brand it is County tag, Rabbies Tag, There are a few different chip makes and not all readers will read another manufacturers
Keep updated info contact #'s current with the Chip company If you board them Give the chip company the name and # where they are staying

·
Got mutt?
13,839 Posts
Which tag? Both dogs wear a tag with their name, with my name and address, their rabies tag, and a tag that says thay are microchipped. Ilka also wears her CAR tag. Are they wearing enough tags? Most of my cats just have a tag with my named and phone number, that I get cheap off of ebay, because they lose their collars a lot.Only one cat still has her microchip tag.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Name and cell number which I have all the time. I used to skip the name but I figured anyone can just re-name my dog. One of them comes to Dufus...I must call him that more than I realize :)

·
Like a Ninja
3,916 Posts
I have a fetching tag so the front says "Agility Nut" back says Jonesy and my Cell#

I would never put my home address on a tag, you never know what kind of people could find your dog... And it wouldn't matter if I put a name on Jonesy's tag he'd go to anyone, but he does have the trademark bunny stamp I think I could find him...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts