Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went to the regional JKC dog show. Wow, 431 dogs competed.

"I'm going to meet many friends in Yamagata!"

When the 4 dobermans appeared, I noticed that there were many "paparazzi" outside the ring:D Obviously the dobermans appealed the most for the audience.

We were joking that Elza is not too bad as her grand sire is AKC champion, but after taking some pics of her and compared the dogs at the show, we were saying "something that cannot be identified yet is different." Entire atmosphere?
"Are you talking about me?"

Many Bernese mountain dogs!

Elza noticed that her friend was around here. Here she is!

Akita and Elza's butt!

Great Dane is great(lol)

"I can win for smile category!!" I made the 'Hot Dog' for our lunch and she ate her version too;)

This is what I've got.

If I wear this T and walk with Elza, I can be a liar:D Same breed but totally different mood, now you can tell it too, right?:lol2:

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Great pictures! It's always fun to see photos from dog shows around the world! Love your T-shirt, too! :)

Jan

Reactions: Sherryh and Elzajpn

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Dog show itself was interesting. I also like to talk with people because there are no discrimination against the dobermans, rather they approached Elza and asked to take pics of her. She was an audience dog but like a star;)

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Thanks! Dog show itself was interesting. I also like to talk with people because there are no discrimination against the dobermans, rather they approached Elza and asked to take pics of her. She was an audience dog but like a star;)
It's always nice when our Dobermans can go out and be good ambassadors for the breed! :)

Jan

Reactions: Elzajpn and Sherryh

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Elza sure gets around, with Mom (on many adventures).
And always wears a happy face...a trophy dobe, in my books.
Love the dober T shirt too...beautiful print work.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I was so amazed to see how well regarded dogs were in Japan. All of the pet shops we saw were so clean and The dogs were perfectly groomed. Even in the hardware store where they sold puppies. Immaculate. Elsa do you have the same puppy mill problems in Japan as we do here? I can't imAgine it seeing how clean and perfect everything was but I had to ask. Love your pics from the show. Next time we visit there I'm putting a dog show on the to do list. Love the tee shirt too. You guys have the cutest stuff over there. So lucky.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Thanks for sharing and I love the shirt. :)

Reactions: Elzajpn

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Very nice pictures and yes the Dobermans always steal the show no matter where they are. You just can't beat that impressive noble stature with ears at full alert. Breath taking for sure. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I love seing dog shows from all around the world too! :) So interesting to see the differences in the dogs and also the handlers. Thanks for uploading!

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
What lovely Dobes you have in Japan, unfortunately the best one was in the audience, your Elza.

Thanks for sharing your day with us. It looked great fun. :kiss:

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Elza sure gets around, with Mom (on many adventures).
And always wears a happy face...a trophy dobe, in my books.
Love the dober T shirt too...beautiful print work.
Elza loves car rides so that we can take her everywhere. My friend's papilon can tolerate it just for 5 minutes...:(

I was so amazed to see how well regarded dogs were in Japan. All of the pet shops we saw were so clean and The dogs were perfectly groomed. Even in the hardware store where they sold puppies. Immaculate. Elsa do you have the same puppy mill problems in Japan as we do here?
Unfortunately yes, there are puppy mill breeders, for the popular breeds because Japanese tend to jump to the "popular" things and those breeds bring money... Sad.

Thanks for sharing those pictures.
Always like seeing a little slice of Japan.
Its very cool that the folks at the show were so intrigued with the Dobermans.
That's what I like:) There were dog trimming school students as one of their classes. Since they usually have an opportunity to see the small breeds to take care, they were so excited to pet Elza:D

Very nice pictures and yes the Dobermans always steal the show no matter where they are. You just can't beat that impressive noble stature with ears at full alert. Breath taking for sure. Thanks for sharing.
100% agree!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts