Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
hello there

this is in reply to lexus's mommy... well we havent recieved a court date yet we just sent in the not guilty plea.. so ill keep you posted.. yes ebony has has the tinkle issuue for awhile but we did have it under control till she got so upset and it returned... anyways i am going to gight this for sure.. i met a chick yesterday that had a dobie puppy and she refused to have the ears clipped cuz of the stigma attached to them when they have cropped ears... anyway ill let you know what happens.. hope we win.. if we do we will throw a party in ebonys honor Bier :bier: thanks for caring.. xo Dee and Ebony

·
Registered
281 Posts
o.k dog profiling is something i have had people do to me and my Harvey several times and it drives me to the point where i could punch someone :mad:

The first time was when we were Taking Harvey to his lessons and before we went in we decided to go in the store next door and buy him some treats ... all was good for about 2 minutes ..we were stading beside the entrance looking at collars and leads and some older man and woman stepped through the door..Harvey span round (WITH TAIL WAGGING) and sniffed at his wifes leg..the woman lept into the air and her husband shielded her from this viscious beast that i had on a lead :mad1: He yelled at me in front of everyone in the shop to keep my viscious dog under control. Well not the one to break down into tears i politely told him to F**k Off and walked out with my doggy and my head held high lol.

Ive also had people think Harvey is a Whippet( like a grey hound) a rottweiler ( i can understand because of the colouring but the build is completely different)

People WILL cross the street when they see me walking with Harvey~ which annoys me because he really is soft hearted. The only people who understand and dont profile him is friends, family and the 5 american familys that live round the corner.. Its like little America round there lol :eek:) (we live near an air base)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
twinkletoes

I just dont know what we can do to stop this horrific stigma thats attached to our dogs.. ebony is a sweet tender girl the only time u see her teeth is if i hold up her lips..lol! DEE :jonkel:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Have any of you with natural eared dogs noticed what I do with Keeva?
Not with our Dobie but our other dog, Scoob. He's a Rottweiler/Rhodesian Ridgeback mix who looks like a ridgeback with a fat head and no ridge. People are always so curious about him, asking his breed and wanting to pet him til they find out what his momma was.

Last fall we were walking the canal and we passed a man who stopped and asked if he could pet Scoob. As he's petting him, Scoob is leaning on him with his big dumb grin and wagging his tail, just being the big goofy dog he is. The man asked my husband what breed of dog he was and as soon as he heard Rottweiler, the man abruptly pulled away from Scoob and walked away with just a nod. We both stood there a little dumbfounded at how the man reacted. You would have thought Scoob was a leper by the man's reaction. I've gotten to the point where I tell people he's a Ridgeback mix and Ava the Dobe is just a king size min pin. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think Pyper has the philosophy that if it doesn't move, eat it. If it does, love it!

They are all just little dogs in big bodies.. gotta love them and pitty those that don't! It's their loss!

61 - 69 of 69 Posts