Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Is ebony spayed? Incontinance can be somewhat of a problem for older spayed females..... So it may be that and just a coinsidence that it happened about the same time as she got back. But sorry I really don't have any experience with it. I know there are a few other on here that do though.

So this thing is actually going to court!!! What the whole thing actually for? Small claims, does she want impunitive damages? Or is it a vicious dog allegation. Off leash sitation? Ebony's not in danger of anything is she? When is the court date?

·
Registered
52 Posts
It really irks me that some people can be SO IGNORANT when it comes to certain breeds of dogs. :mad: My thoughts and prayers are with you. Personally I think the woman should be.... well, anyways, good luck and when you win, tell the judge to order that ignorant B to go to a Dobe breeder and see how "vicious" they really are!! (Stupid cow!!) *Whew*.. sorry.. needed to vent on that :let_it_al. But I'm much better now!!

·
Banned
375 Posts
lol... i think my dogs were profiled today lol... iw as walking across the road to take the dobes to play ball out in the school park and this lady said oh cute.. and immediately got in her car. LOL iw as like ye they are arent they. lol

·
Registered
460 Posts
I don't understand people, diesel is just a puppy about the size of a cocker spaniel at present and the number of people that either cross the road or give him a wide berth on the street is really suprising. My mums cocker spaniel is more agressive than my dobermann, he's just a small/soon to be big softie...
I'm surprised you would get that reaction from people at Diesel's young age. Crap, when Ava was that age I was too busy explaining to people that 'NO she is NOT a Min Pin dammit'!!!!

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Dobe_Paws said:
I'm surprised you would get that reaction from people at Diesel's young age. Crap, when Ava was that age I was too busy explaining to people that 'NO she is NOT a Min Pin dammit'!!!!
LOL The day I brought Chi home my new neighbors (we had only been here a week or so) came over to brag that she used to be a Dobe breeder but then in the same sentence asked me if my 10 lb, 7 week old pup was a Min Pin or a standard LOL

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Dobe_Paws said:

I GOT THAT ALL THE TIME!!! EIther people would love her, or cross the street to avoid her, or ask me if she was a min pin!!! SHOW ME A 30 POUND MIN PIN!!!! There's dog experts everywhere! :help_up_2

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
TracyJo said:
LOL The day I brought Chi home my new neighbors (we had only been here a week or so) came over to brag that she used to be a Dobe breeder but then in the same sentence asked me if my 10 lb, 7 week old pup was a Min Pin or a standard LOL

Like I said, dog experts coming out of the woodwork!! :eek2:

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
TracyJo said:

Like I said, dog experts coming out of the woodwork!! Aren't we fourtunate! :eek2:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Diesel said:
I don't understand people, diesel is just a puppy about the size of a cocker spaniel at present and the number of people that either cross the road or give him a wide berth on the street is really suprising. My mums cocker spaniel is more agressive than my dobermann, he's just a small/soon to be big softie...

I think all people in the UK remember all the bad press about pit bulls etc and the introduction of the dangerous dog act... it's all just down to ignorance...

We get the same thing. Kids love Gracie but adults there is no way in hell will they look eye to eye with her. I mean come on she is a bouncy dog she loves everyone. How could you not stop and pet her.

Short story real fast. One time my hubby and I took Gracie for a walk. We get on our street and start walking. There were some joggers a head of us they never looked back at us or anything. They had to stop for a minute and we just walked past them. As soon as they seen Gracie they moved pretty fast onto the lawn that they were on. Lol. Stupid people I swear. I wanted to walk Gracie up to them to freak them out even more but I don't want to do more damage to this breed.

OMG run a huge doberman is going to kill me. OMG. :tongue23: They only way they will kill you is if you let them lick you to death.

·
Registered
460 Posts
lol The really funny part is that if you put a Dobe puppy next to a Min Pin of the same weight, they look nothing alike!! Ava was 10lbs when we brought her home and Brian's grandmother has a Min Pin, Hanna that's 10 as well (she's a lil chubster). We thought it'd be cute to torture Hanna w/her new 'niece' so we put them together and the only resemblance between them were their markings.

Also during the gangly older puppy stage, people mistook her for a Greyhound. :duh_6b:

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I can top that!! I actually had a customer see my picture of Lexy I have at work, and say "ohhh, I love dogs!! Always had them , is that a dalmation?" SCOUTS HONOR!!! I usually can hide my looks, but the look I gave her, I said yea, she's just REAL dirty and you can't see her spots.....

I have never heard a more "DUH" comment in my life!!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
That's what I said too! Hey did you know that a dalmation is really just a doberman with a poor bleach job? They are really the same breed..... ehhehehheheh!!!!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
That sure does explain a lot about why Dalmations are the way they are... All that bleaching can't be good for brain cells. :eek:

I'm really truly kidding, I swear!!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ive had maybe 2 or 3 ppl ask if Dais was a miniature pinscher, i just wanted to slap them in the head

:slap_pute

:tonguezzz

·
Banned
375 Posts
lol gunner... most everyone couldnt tell at first taht tasneem was a doberman until she started filling out aittle more LOL... and when she started filling out then they were like OMG will she bite LOL... but never ever got the min pin thing

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Dobe_Paws said:
That sure does explain a lot about why Dalmations are the way they are... All that bleaching can't be good for brain cells. :eek:

I'm really truly kidding, I swear!!!

You are not kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are brain dead!!!!!!!!!!! Or fried something isn't totally right for the most part!!!!!!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
:shh: I know, I just wanted to soften the blow in case there were any Dal fanciers here. Though if you owned one you'd know they're a tad crazy so......

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
lol I know this is sort of off topic but since other people were talking Dals I have to add that I used to have a Dalmatian and she was the most intelligent, easily trained, willing to please dog I've ever had had! Now, I realize not all are like her but I think it also depends on where you get them, I've met some pretty dumb Dals and some as great as my girl. Anyway, just thought I'd say that.

Back to topic:
I don't know if it's just Keeva but people don't recognize her as a Doberman because of her natural ears, in fact most people run up to her and go on and on about how pretty and cute she is, after they're finished with all that they then ask, "what breed is she?" I tell them she's a Dobe and suddenly they start saying how vicious they are and cross the street or back up about 20ft. Nobody ever approaches Winston, I'm assuming it's because he's cropped and looks very alert while walking. Have any of you with natural eared dogs noticed what I do with Keeva?

41 - 60 of 69 Posts