Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
ok listen to this, btw Dee, thats some bullshit, but anyways ok Im at the Vet, and my Dobe, Gunner is just laying down like a gentleman, when some old senile woman starts to walk in and goes "Ohh no, ill just wait out here" well finally she gets the courage to come in and sit down, waaay across the room. Then some woman goes, "I just dont trust Dobermans" i was like why not? Hes just a big clown. then im sitting there and the senile woman says "well about 6 years ago I had a Dobe and it tried to turn on me, so i grabbed him by the back of the neck and jerked him out of it and he never tried it again, if i wouldnt have he wouldve killed me" i was like omg, and pretended not to hear it

·
Registered
232 Posts
dober_gurl said:
ugh I remember one time when I bunch of boys came and we're yelling and throwing things of my 2 RB german shepherds and Maggie. I got Maggie on a leash and walked down the alley with her, they took but left their scooters and bikes so I put their bikes and scooters in the dogs backyard and told them to come and get it.
Sorry for you Dee I hate breedism, I'm constantly being told not to walk my "vicious" dog infront of a certain person's house!

yea whenever i put Gunner on the trolly this kids always walk past my house to go through the woods and they throw stuff at him and stuff, and i walked out there and called him over and i made the clip on the trolly go "CLICK" like i was lettin him off and they took off running like crazy and one day b4 thaty they did it and i let my MinPin out who i hate to say wasnt socialized very good(hes 7 now) and he took off after them through the woods, i could hear them yelling telling him to go home, it was a trip

·
Registered
190 Posts
Gunner said:
yea whenever i put Gunner on the trolly this kids always walk past my house to go through the woods and they throw stuff at him and stuff, and i walked out there and called him over and i made the clip on the trolly go "CLICK" like i was lettin him off and they took off running like crazy and one day b4 thaty they did it and i let my MinPin out who i hate to say wasnt socialized very good(hes 7 now) and he took off after them through the woods, i could hear them yelling telling him to go home, it was a trip

i would have let them hear a different 'click' and then inform them of the distance between my door and where they stand and the effective range of a forty caliber bullet.

kids dont have enough fear now a days. when i was younger. only a few years we feared trespassing or messing up others property. now things have changed to a ridiculous level.

i am posting from my phone so sorry about it being clear.

·
Registered
232 Posts
FiReBReTHa said:
i would have let them hear a different 'click' and then inform them of the distance between my door and where they stand and the effective range of a forty caliber bullet.

kids dont have enough fear now a days. when i was younger. only a few years we feared trespassing or messing up others property. now things have changed to a ridiculous level.

i am posting from my phone so sorry about it being clear.

ya we've had ppl walk through are back yard at night, and one night my Dad lit a cigarette in pitch black dark, the dude turned around and dad cock the chamber of the 12 gauge pump and said, you have 10 seconds to get the hell off my property

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have had people cross the street when I walk Pyper, "the big dumb dog". Her only problem is sticking her nose into passerbys grocery bags. *treats for me???!!!!*
When King and Pyper are together, you can see the tension of others on the street. Personally I think it's funny. Non dog owners are .... mmm can't quite put that part into words... Mislead? Weird?
I think the Movie industry has a lot to do with our 'vicious' breed. What the general public don't know is that they have to tape up the jowles for them to look mean. To them its just a game with a retarded face. LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts
midget_1954 said:
Hello ,, I am in need of a sounding board as I am so angry that my doberman (Ebony) was a victim of dog profiling!
I am so sorry to hear this happened to you! :sadcry: I have never had that problem with my Zeus when he was still alive. Kids always wanted to hug and pet him :) I am afraid I would bitchslap, (can I say that?), that woman for her stupidity![/FONT=Comic Sans MS][/SIZE=3][/COLOR=Indigo]
Bobbie

·
Registered
190 Posts
Gunner said:
o yea btw have u started that sig firebretha?

not yet, havent slept either. work sucks. when I have oppurtunity to sleep i cant becaus e im stressed.

I post wirelessly from my cellphone at work.
i should get some free time soon

·
Registered
232 Posts
FiReBReTHa said:
not yet, havent slept either. work sucks. when I have oppurtunity to sleep i cant becaus e im stressed.

I post wirelessly from my cellphone at work.
i should get some free time soon

aight man get to it when u can

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Gunner said:
ok listen to this, btw Dee, thats some bullshit, but anyways ok Im at the Vet, and my Dobe, Gunner is just laying down like a gentleman, when some old senile woman starts to walk in and goes "Ohh no, ill just wait out here" well finally she gets the courage to come in and sit down, waaay across the room. Then some woman goes, "I just dont trust Dobermans" i was like why not? Hes just a big clown. then im sitting there and the senile woman says "well about 6 years ago I had a Dobe and it tried to turn on me, so i grabbed him by the back of the neck and jerked him out of it and he never tried it again, if i wouldnt have he wouldve killed me" i was like omg, and pretended not to hear it

Oh please that dog's only problem was it's senile dumb owner!! Like if a dog was really trying to get at you a tug onthe neck would change it's mind, PPUUULLLEEAASSSEEE!!!!

I vote we actively enstate and enforce that people must pass a test (we'll call it the DUMB*SS test) before they can have a dog.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
LOL you should have seen the woman that visited the vet the other day while we were there. Chi was all play bows and Dobe smile (I could write a novel on how great the Dobe smile is btw) with an adult Pit who was ALL grin and wiggle; both of them making the funniest sounds and so happy to be almost playing with each other. An older woman came in with her cocker and about had a heart attack. We apologized and realed in our respective kids but she wasn't having any of it: Walked out and came back in a door on the other side of the waiting room.
I might add that at one point I dabbled in grooming (young and oh so stupid I was) and have to say that by and large the cocker is the nastiest little booger out there. I've met some really nice ones but more often than not they were just awful. If they weighed 20 pounds more they'd be on all the BSL lists.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have had something similar happen with trinity. My neighbor came to my door to ask if she could cut some limbs down off of the tree in my back yard that were hanging over into her yard and when I went to the door trinity of course followed and when she came to the door just to sniff my neighbor she said that trinty was the mean dog and I told her that she was a nice dog that she would rather lick you to death or run from you then bite you.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
MUCH AGREEMENTS on cockers!!! More of those snots tried to bit me at the vet's than any big dog! Those and the little ratty anklebiters....

Guess everydog can't be a SUPERDOBE!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I don't understand people, diesel is just a puppy about the size of a cocker spaniel at present and the number of people that either cross the road or give him a wide berth on the street is really suprising. My mums cocker spaniel is more agressive than my dobermann, he's just a small/soon to be big softie...

I think all people in the UK remember all the bad press about pit bulls etc and the introduction of the dangerous dog act... it's all just down to ignorance...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
court

hello everyone.. well we now have recieved out court date to fight the lie that woman told.. i will be armed with a picture of ebony and her vet file explaining her inability to jump and run due to her wobblers... so wish me luck .. since her incarseration shes been a nervous nelly and now has a tinkle issue.. the vets treating it with medication but if anyone has any suggestions to why she leaks like this please let me know... she does it when shes asleep mostly... vet says its common with dobies and not much we can do .. i am not putting her down!!!!!!!! I need help.. hes trying a new drug but i just know with all the love on this site for dobermans someone might have an answer for me.. thanks again with all my heart! DEE and Ebony :sadcry:

21 - 40 of 69 Posts