Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ,, I am in need of a sounding board as I am so angry that my doberman (Ebony) was a victim of dog profiling! Recently my golden retiever jumped on a jogger as she was running by my house.. unfortunatly for my dobie she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.. ebony had gone down the drive with my golden.. much slower i might add as she has issues running and jumping due to an illness called wobblers! she was sitting at the bottom of the drive when my golden jumped on the lady! It was from behind so she didnt see which dog did it! I was outside and I told the police and the dog warden that my dobie never left the driveway! But the woman said "the big doberman attacked me!" she suffered a one inch scratch on her butt.. and poor ebony was taken from me and quarentined for 2 weeks and I was not allowed to see her during that time.. shes so sweet and timid that she now suffers with biting and itching the vet says is a nervous thing due to trauma.. she was a rescue and when i brought her to that place she thought she was being abandoned again! I could not prove it wasnt her.. but i have signed the ticket not quilty and i am going to take her vet records with me to prove shes ill and couldnt have done what this woman said! It just isnt fair that dobies get a bad reputation based on nothing!!!!! she is the best dog i ever owned... wish there was something we could do to change this! has this happened to anyone else? frustrated dobie lover, DEE :help_up_2

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I'M SO SORRY DEE!!! If I could get my hands on that :*******: .... well it wouldn't be pretty. :bluboomte

That's terrible. My thoughts go out to you..... That is the terrible burden our dogs must wear because of the stigma around dobes (and other powerhouse dogs). So you have him back now? How sad, I am just so mad!!!!!!!!

Lexus jumped the fence about 3 months ago, I heard her bark and realized that didn't sound like the back yard and went running to the front door and she was running the length of the front yard barking at a jogger (who was definetely speeding up and crossing the road!) Thank heavens that is all that happened.

Soo sorry. Many kisses to your baby....... And many kicks to the ass to the overreactive woman.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bsl

:boxing3: yes this has happened to me, but with my rottie. she was quarentiened and made to wear a muzzle b/c of some little ankal biter, Every time I take my dobie for a walk people cross the street and make comments like why would she have a vicious dog like that with kids, Ive gotten so mad that ive actualy yelled at them

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
finally home

:dancing_b hello jesse yes she is home with us at last! I just wish i could stop her itching.. shes being tortured with it! as if being locked away from her family wasnt enough.. sheesh! I so wish that i could walk her over to the bitch's house (pardon the language) and let her meet the "VICIOUS" dog she says hurt her.. let her see that when you use the words attack you better mean it and make sure you know what dog really did it... cuz if i didnt have the money to quarenteen her.. then they would have destroyed her... so i would like her to understand the seriousness of what she did! thanks for the support.. ebony sends big dobie wet kisses... DEE

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Yeah that's how it is with me too, either people absolutely LOVE your dobe, or "oh no run away vicious (sp) animal don't get near AHHHHHH." Lexy goes EVERYWHERE with me when I'm not at work. I get two days off a week and we go get ice cream at least one of the two, and she sits on the bench beside me and eats hers.
I do my darndest to show her off and try to change a few minds. I had my happiest moment at the park taking pictures about two months ago. A daycare fieldtrip was there. I knew the women with (25) daycare kids around 5 - 6 years old. every one of them got to visit Lexus (two at a time) she was in a plotz (down) the entire time and I was soooooo proud of her. Laid quietly and didn't even acknowledge the kids with anything but a few kisses and a wigglebutt. Even the kids scared to touch her petted her in the end! I kept vigil by her muzzle for safety sake, but was an angel!

Shame on that woman. Heaven forbid she ever really meets a truley vicious dog......

·
Registered
26 Posts
How horrible! The dogs do sometimes get a bad rap. When I take mine to the park he wants to sniff and get pets from the people and they always ignore him. However, I am slightly happy these dogs have a bad rap....living in a neighborhood that isn't the best in the world all the kids that come knocking on my door every day have come less, and I haven't noticed anybody in my backyard when I'm gone (hes inside when I'm gone so no harm done, but he keeps them away!) But that is definitely terrible what that lady did, ignorant people!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Well, My search went from 1000 available apartments to, 2.

"Agressive breed" my ass. Who the hell writes this **** up? lets go back to racism too!

·
Registered
19 Posts
when my male dobe was a pup, two Aust cattle dogs off lead attacked us (he was on lead), the owners didnt do anything, they said they are just playing. When I informed them it was against our law to have dogs off lead in public - esp uncontrolled ones, she called ME a bogan. Thats when I startd swearing. soon after I saw my pup had a cut over his eye (from a dogs tooth I guessed) and dragged the reluctant little fella over to show her what her 'playing' dogs had done.

so she called me a bogan because I own a dobe, perhaps?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about what that low life woman did. That makes me sick!!!!

I really understand about the bad rep with these guys. It is very unfair. Everyone in my husband's family was against us getting a dobie. We refuse to listen to anyone. As soon as we got Gracie and took her around to meet his whole family they all fell in love with her within 30 seconds. Both of my husband's brothers now want a dobie. :)

At work almost everyone there is afraid of dobermans, rotts, and pits. As soon as I told them about us getting Gracie every one of them said "Well I guess were not going to go to your house!" I told all of them that's fine she is as harmless as can be, but if you all want to stay out of my house because of my "MEAN" dog that's up to all of you.

One more quick story. We have kids right next door to us. We have a fenced in back yard as well. The kids enjoy throwing stuff over the fence at Gracie. Gracie thinks it's a game. My problem is, I don't trust these kids. Well one day I was out in the front yard with Gracie by my side. They went to throw something at her and were making faces at her. Then they started telling her how UGLY she is. I looked at the kids and told them that I am not afraid to drop the leash and let them see what happens next time they want to throw something at her. Yes I know all Gracie would do is run over and play with them and lick them to death but come on. You don't throw stuff at MY dog damnit!!

Sorry for the long rant.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Lexus said:
I'M SO SORRY DEE!!! If I could get my hands on that :*******: .... well it wouldn't be pretty. :bluboomte

That's terrible. My thoughts go out to you..... That is the terrible burden our dogs must wear because of the stigma around dobes (and other powerhouse dogs). So you have him back now? How sad, I am just so mad!!!!!!!!

Lexus jumped the fence about 3 months ago, I heard her bark and realized that didn't sound like the back yard and went running to the front door and she was running the length of the front yard barking at a jogger (who was definetely speeding up and crossing the road!) Thank heavens that is all that happened.

Soo sorry. Many kisses to your baby....... And many kicks to the ass to the overreactive woman.
A similar thing happened to me, well happens often to me. I visit my grandparents daily and when we are over there, king likes to jump the fence and go see the neighbors. Sadly, they only see a "BIG BAD DOBERMAN" so they run inside. If they would just make the effort to come see how sweet he is they wouldnt even be scared anymore. We are putting up a taller fence soon so there wont be a problem but in the meantime he gets locked up in the house or get put on a chain.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Dee, what an awfull thing to have gone through... For both you and your girl!

This topic gets my blood boiling.... There's nothing nice about it and the ones who suffer are the dogs. I think we all have stories about people reacting negatively towards our dogs. I know I have more than a handful and poor Ava hasn't even seen her second birthday yet!

One more quick story. We have kids right next door to us. We have a fenced in back yard as well. The kids enjoy throwing stuff over the fence at Gracie. Gracie thinks it's a game. My problem is, I don't trust these kids. Well one day I was out in the front yard with Gracie by my side. They went to throw something at her and were making faces at her. Then they started telling her how UGLY she is. I looked at the kids and told them that I am not afraid to drop the leash and let them see what happens next time they want to throw something at her. Yes I know all Gracie would do is run over and play with them and lick them to death but come on. You don't throw stuff at MY dog damnit!!

I think I would have taken to throw stuff at them. Something heavy perhaps. Or maybe I'd just barrow my husband's paintball gun....... :dancing_b

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I am so sorry that you had trouble and the lady should be burned at the stake! I would much rather face down a large dog than an ankle biter! My husband is a post man and he has more problems with little dogs trying to bite him than big dogs. I have never met a doberman that I didn't like! It is so sad that some people have to put labels on a few breeds as Bad Dogs! It is the people that are bad not the dogs! I am so glad you have your baby back!! I will say an extra Doggy prayer for her! Hope she gets to feeling better soon! As for the jogger, hopes she trips on a brick and sprains an ankle!
One story here about neighbors, a lady from 2 doors over came over and complained about my dogs. She didn't like that they went out to the potty in the morning before 10 as she liked to sleep in and she could her me telling them to go potty and hurry up! Then she complained about my Male dog Spirit. She said that he sits on MY hottub and looks into her house at her. I said.. Lady he's a dog not a pervert! Besides you have no curtains on your windows and your husband walks around naked all the time and I can see him.. What the He%^ do you think my dog is looking at? Well, she got mad and turned me into animal control.. I had to take all sorts of paperwork to them to show that my dogs were well taken care of and that I had all their shots and tags up to date.
My husband and I keep joking when we see Spirit on the hot tub that he is thinking " Who my dirty little poodle ( as he looks over at her house and he is licking his you know what) Who's your Daddy, Yes, that right shake that tail "
Some people are so dumb it makes you wonder!!
Doberman Rule!!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
OMG Frznbuns!!!!!!! NOW THAT WAS MY LAUGH FOR THE DAY!!!!!!!!!! MY COWORKERS SEND YOU THEIR THANKS FOR PUTTING A SMILE ON MY FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "PERVERT POODLE" ohhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! :3dbiggrin :3dbiggrin :3dbiggrin

·
Banned
375 Posts
Ive never really had profiling other than the color of my dobes LOL... except the other day for the first time... i have PUPPIES! someone said are they vicious... i was like ummmm lets think about this... NO!!! they are great you can touch them... i was at petsmart and OMG!!!!!! i was appalled..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks everyone for the support.. I just hope the judge listens when we try to fight the fines.. thanks again! xo Ebony gives big dobie kisses :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Gracie's_Mom said:

ugh I remember one time when I bunch of boys came and we're yelling and throwing things of my 2 RB german shepherds and Maggie. I got Maggie on a leash and walked down the alley with her, they took but left their scooters and bikes so I put their bikes and scooters in the dogs backyard and told them to come and get it.
Sorry for you Dee I hate breedism, I'm constantly being told not to walk my "vicious" dog infront of a certain person's house!

·
Registered
333 Posts
So sorry to hear about your ordeal with that ignorant b. Dobermans are the sweetest dogs and love humans so much. I hear that they are vicious from a lot of people too and how scared they are of our dobie's. Funny that I never hear of a Doberman biting/hurting people. Good luck with the Judge :praying:

·
Registered
190 Posts
doberlover said:
So sorry to hear about your ordeal with that ignorant b. Dobermans are the sweetest dogs and love humans so much. I hear that they are vicious from a lot of people too and how scared they are of our dobie's. Funny that I never hear of a Doberman biting/hurting people. Good luck with the Judge :praying:

+1

the news only talks about pitbulls, I personally have never heard of a dobe related injury.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts