Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im looking for something to put the harveys poops in as i currently have to put it in our Brown bin (which is for compostable waste) and i shouldnt do it but i have no where else to put it..and im sure the dustbin men would be gratefull if i dispose of it some other way :D

ive seen these for sale http://www.greenfingers.com/superstore/product.asp?pf_id=LP0300D

has anybody used them? are they any good? or have you found a better way to get rid of the poop?

OR I could just get one of these ..but my bet is they are quite pricey lol

·
Registered
421 Posts
They have a bunch of those in the dr fosters and smiths catalog. I've never heard from anyone that uses them though. I rarely ever pick up the poo but I have the rake thing and then I just throw it in the back:haha:

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I keep a 5 gallon bucket with a plastic bag in it. I put dog poop and what I scoop from the kitty litter in it and put the bag in the trash the day the trash man comes. I keep the bucket in the back yard so we aren't offended by any smells.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I've seen one called Doggy Dooley on costco.com but they are never big enough - says it handles 2 large pets!! Unless I buy 2 and put one on each end of the yard?
I too would like to know if anyone has used them. Currently I do same as CoAl-s-Mom. I'm just real careful not to make it too heavy, would hate to have it break on the way to the trash can :eek11:

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
CoAl-s-Mom said:
I keep a 5 gallon bucket with a plastic bag in it. I put dog poop and what I scoop from the kitty litter in it and put the bag in the trash the day the trash man comes. I keep the bucket in the back yard so we aren't offended by any smells.

Pretty much the same here, we have a smaller garbage can for the kitty and dog waste. Packs a powerful punch in the middle of summer!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Lexus said:
Pretty much the same here, we have a smaller garbage can for the kitty and dog waste. Packs a powerful punch in the middle of summer!
Ewww. I know what you mean. OMG it is NASTY!!! I am so glad I am not the trash guys. Just imagine how many people have dogs that empty their poo once a week... Okay maybe I really don't even want to imagine that one.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
TracyJo said:
I use Jordan's old diaper genie... works well enough for us.. I use a plastic grocery sack when I pick the poo up, tie it and then drop that sack in the diaper genie, turn the knobby thingy and start again the next day. I empty it 2x's a week when the garbage men come...
Hey, now there's a idea! Maybe I'll use my 1 yr olds when he potty trains.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts