Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i adopted a 80 pound male. he just turned one on jan 24. im currently feeding my 6 month old bullmastiff totw sierra mountain and i gave my new dobe a few feedings of it thus far. is there a better food in your opinion for my doberman?

(raw is not an option right now)

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
I think Orijen, Natures Variety Instinct and Acana are much better foods, but a lot of people have success with TOTW and are happy with it. If your boy does okay on it, doesnt have a lot of gas, then you might want to stick with it for convenience sake. You can research foods on the links I have in my signature below. I hope your mastiff isnt a male too. Doberman males are very much same sex aggressive.

·
Super Moderator
22,014 Posts
If he's doing well on TOTW, I'd stay with it. It's a good food.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
I second (or third?) staying on TOTW if the pup is doing fine on it. It's a good food. Plus, why buy two different foods if you don't have to :D ?

·
Broadway Dobermans
846 Posts
My dogs have done well on TOTW and Canidae. Both a little less expensive then Orijen. I tried the Orijen Fish and my older female and my pup both don't do well on it. Too rich for them....
It's hard to find foods that work....so if yours is working stay with it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks everybody...hey ''wantsadobe'' i recognize your pic from the mastiff forum.lol. im ''big surge'' over there

1 - 8 of 8 Posts