Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
We have a 17 week old dobe bitch.
Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good quality dog bed.
Money is not an issue, just want something she can be comfortable in.
I checked out Kuranda beds(cot type)made our of Codura as they are elevated off the floor.

If anyone has any recommendations I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Dillon

· Registered
3,942 Posts
Puppies tend to eat things. This can be dangerous for some dogs, and even tragic, as the pieces they eat can result in impaction.
I would not buy a soft comfy big dog bed until she is older.

Some outgrow the chewing phase earlier than others and daily exercise (physical and mental) plays a roll too. But most puppies chew b/c that is what puppies do. Don't know if this helps any...

But I have heard good things about the Kuranda beds, even for chewers. The local Doberman rescue uses them with good results.

· Registered
273 Posts
This what I use because they are fairly "chew proof". I have ones that fit inside the dogs crates and in the years I've had them I haven't had to worry about anybody swallowing their bedding and getting an obstruction.

Dillon said:
I checked out Kuranda beds(cot type)made our of Codura as they are elevated off the floor.

Thanks

Dillon

· Registered
3,593 Posts
we cant have actual dog beds...they dont survive...also the cat likes to pee on them...the dogs dont stay in a crate since duchess is 2 now lol and we can trust her for sure. Instead of buying a bed I just throw blankets into this space between my bed and the wall...coco LOOOOOVES it lol.

· Still Here Despite Rumour
4,378 Posts
Oh boy if you want to know about classy dog beds then Kratty is your man, he purchased the best dog bed i have ever seen,can't remember where from but I am sure he will let you know.
Here is a picture of it modelled by the beautiful Nikita.(note the classy pillows too)

· Registered
602 Posts
brumwolf said:
Oh boy if you want to know about classy dog beds then Kratty is your man, he purchased the best dog bed i have ever seen,can't remember where from but I am sure he will let you know.
Here is a picture of it modelled by the beautiful Nikita.(note the classy pillows too)
Now that's a bed! I hope Kratty posts and tells us where he got that from. I am thinking of getting a new bed for Princi too......my bed just ins't cutting it for the both of us.

Naveen

· Registered
2,330 Posts
Kratty got Niki's bed from Frontgate - their other division is Grand Road (.com for both). I didn't get Java her floor pillow until she was a year old - until then she curled up in her crate on an old beach towel and a polar fleece. I was afraid she'd do to a floor pillow what she did w/ her stuffies, but once she seemed to get past the chewing stage, I picked up a floor pillow for her. Went to Chez Target - spent $35 (their brand) - didn't want a huge investment in case she de-stuffed it while I left the room for ten minutes. She was THRILLED when I brought it home and set it down for her - actually rolled around on it! (Cover zips off for washing). They also have some nice Woolrich brand pillows in awning stripe. Noticed some nice pillows at Wal-Mart as well when I was there last. It can be hit and miss.

Trust me, you can spend under $40 and go as high as $150-180 depending on the cover material. We may care but the dogs don't....although Java may beg to differ, she can be such a fashionista.....

I happen to prefer floor pillows, everybody has their own preference. Grandin Road had Kilim rugs sewn into large dog floors pillows in their sale/clearance section - might be worth looking into if this is the look you are going for.

· just a member
3,000 Posts

· Registered
602 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.