Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's beach season again. Mensa made her first trip to the beach today (Saturday, 7-8-06)

Lots of people, and lots of dogs. Mensa had the time of her life. She likes water, who would have guessed.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Good pics yet again Chaz,do you find they drink the seawater? my lot do then get very runny poo syndrome----Yuchy

:help_up_2 :emo11:

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I WANT A BEACH!!! See chaz I may have a pool but I am nowhere near to having a beach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome pictures! I love all the other dogs there playing with mensa! I wish Duchess met more boxers when she was a little puppy cause she kinda thinks they are overbearing during introductions now...
also the one with them in the waves:) It looks like they just fell on their butts and trying to get up before the next wave lol. oh and what a good spirit she has sharing that stick with that other puppy :)
I look forward to more pictures of the awesome places you go with Mensa!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
haha! hey did you guys hear on the news about that border collie program? It was saying that they are having trained border collies to scare away the birds to lower the ecoli and bacteria levels on beaches...I think they are just trying it out now...and they are going to measure the improvement and if it helps alot they said they would expand the program...sounds pretty neat to me...:)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No Brumwolf, Mensa didn't drink any ocean water. I was waiting for her to taste it, but she never did. She drinks lots of water, and will drink from the streams we cross in the mountains. My other dogs all lap up sea water, but I have never noticed any poo-problems. Good thing because it's a long drive home from the beach.

LapDog, It's not like Dog Beach is right around the corner from where I live. The ocean is about 60 miles away, but the only stretch of beach where dogs are even allowed on the sand, is a 75 mile drive. And there is ALWAYS brutal traffic, coming and going, even on the weekends. I think it's worse on the weekends, because it's easier to predict the mid-week commuter traffic and avoid the worst of it. It's almost a two-hour drive each way, so I really have to want to do it.

One picture I wish I would've taken is one looking up or down the beach. Hundreds of people, and hundreds of dogs, as far as you can see. Maybe I'll remember to take that one next week when we go back. Mensa goes to Rattlesnake Avoidance Training next Saturday, and we have an early appointment. Snake School is about half-way between here and Dog Beach, and maybe I'll take the whole pack along.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
oh okay that makes me feel better. I could always look up some good lakes to take Duchess to...My mom is going to canada like usual with my grandparents this week to fish...but its too crowded if me and the dogs went along :( lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts