Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your doberkid love to be under blankets? Yesterday I had a very long and hard day at work. I got home and laid down for a while. Gracie came in and laid down with me. After about 5 or 10 minutes of me petting her she gets up and digs at the blankets, I lift them up to see what she is digging at. She ran up the the top of the bed and ran under the covers. She bit the covers that I had hanging off my hand to pull them down over her. So as soon as I dropped the blankets she started turning around, rolling over, poking her head out of the blankets, sliding back under them again. This went on for about 45 minutes before she fell asleep. She is so strange sometimes I swear.

So does your doberkids do this?

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Man oh man, Can you say SPOILED!!!!!!!!!!!!! eheheh! Lex just digs at her blankies or bed until it's all messed up and you'd swear that she couldn't fit on it anymore b/c it's scrunched up so small! But she always does!

·
Registered
281 Posts
lol Harvey is given alot of 'maintenance' ..he gets tucked up in bed every night ..he loves his blankets ~ he will take it out of his bed and bring it into the living room..scratch it into a little bundle and lay down on it..it makes me feel guilty every time him having to slum it on the soft carpet (yeah right lol!) and i let him up on the sofa for a short while :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
GKar does his obligitory three circles plops down and then looks at you and groans to be covered. He will give you a minute or two then groan again until you cover him completely.

·
Registered
333 Posts
When the weather starts getting cooler, Alex will nudge us in the middle of the night to cover him with a blanket. We keep a couple of them on the bed "just in case". Most of the time during the day Alex will jump on the bed, after it's madeup of course, and dig until he removes the covers so he can lay down on the pillow. He is just not saisfied to lay on TOP of the bed mind you!!! Spoiled dog.
OTOH Roxy, who is a tad overweight, does not care if we cover her, but sneaks on the couch in the middle of the night. I guess the doggy bed is not good enough for her, LOL. And Suzy, we just have to wait and see what she will do as her place is on the bed with us too, another spoiled dog.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Cole started nesting about a year ago. He use to be quite content to lay on the top of my bed. For some reason he has started to rearrange all my sheets and covers to his likeing. I never know what my bed is going to look like when I go into my room at night!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ava will nest in the throws I put on the couches and her 'blankie' she sleeps on in one of the rooms but in bed she's happy to wedge herself in between Brian and myself, on top of the covers.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
TracyJo said:
Chi will nest but doesn't have to be covered, in fact when I do cover her I get a dirty look LOL Petri on the other hand HAS to be covered which is quite dangerous since he's so little... He's been sat on a few times now :-(

Ouch!! I'd imagine that's kinda like sitting on a pin cushion!!!

·
Registered
365 Posts
You mean like this????

Jeddah will not settle until she is wrapped up. She'll do the high pitched throat scream at you until she gets her own way.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Abby likes to go completely under the covers on the bed and curl up. I don't know how she breathes under there for hours at a time. If i put my head under the blankets the way she does, in less than 5 minutes i'm struggling for air!

Like Tom said, no matter what the temperature, she loves to be completely covered.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Jedski said:
You mean like this????

Jeddah will not settle until she is wrapped up. She'll do the high pitched throat scream at you until she gets her own way.

LOL There doesn't even look like there's a dog in there!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Yes, pathetic isn't it??? It's amazing how a full grown doberman can curl itself into a tight ball, when she thinks she's cold!!!! That photo was taken about a month ago, and we do have very mild winters here. She was also wearing a coat!! (I'm embarrassed to admit). I look at Lexus in the snow, in absolute amazement. :cool2:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Gracie's_Mom said:
Does your doberkid love to be under blankets? Yesterday I had a very long and hard day at work. I got home and laid down for a while. Gracie came in and laid down with me. After about 5 or 10 minutes of me petting her she gets up and digs at the blankets, I lift them up to see what she is digging at. She ran up the the top of the bed and ran under the covers. She bit the covers that I had hanging off my hand to pull them down over her. So as soon as I dropped the blankets she started turning around, rolling over, poking her head out of the blankets, sliding back under them again. This went on for about 45 minutes before she fell asleep. She is so strange sometimes I swear.

So does your doberkids do this?

no not really they like to be sprawled out and uncovered if i cover them up when they arent deeply asleep, theyll get up

1 - 19 of 19 Posts