Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure I'm not the only dober-parent who has done this!

Our girl, Sophie, has her own Tumblr page:
http:///kamterrascamerata.tumblr.com/

Feel free to visit! There's lots of photos.

I started her Tumblr page because, while I live in the Midwest now, I'm originally from out East. My family is still out there and don't get to see their "grand-dog" as much as they'd like. So, I keep them up to date over the internet with lots of photos.

Anyone else use Tumblr or another blogging site? Would love to see some links!

Best,
Adam

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
I was considering starting a blog to document my dobe's agility training. Funny thing about that is the day after our first class I got a Sweet Leaf Tea and the cap said "Start a journal."

A dog tumblr sounds like a great idea.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, I follow Dreizehn's page! Small world. I often search Tumblr for the tag "doberman" to find photos people are posting.

Your boy is gorgeous, by the way.

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
if I gave Sparky a Twitter account he would abuse it
he would be trying to get pizza, BBQ and other treats
delivered to him by his fans...so no webpages for Sparky!

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
It's been a lot of fun keeping it updated with photos. I'd recommend it! And, if you have a "crazy space phone," there' a Tumblr app you download so you can take photos right from your phone and post them in seconds from anywhere.
I'll see about creating one and joining the dobe circle. I've tried to stay off Tumblr, but I can see where it can come in handy for a dog freak who likes to post photos too often. Ha ;)

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Oh, I follow Dreizehn's page! Small world. I often search Tumblr for the tag "doberman" to find photos people are posting.

Your boy is gorgeous, by the way.
Thank you! I followed you :]

I was considering starting a blog to document my dobe's agility training. Funny thing about that is the day after our first class I got a Sweet Leaf Tea and the cap said "Start a journal."

A dog tumblr sounds like a great idea.
I really like tumblr. It's simple and, while I certainly can, I don't feel like I HAVE to make a text/journal post like I would with a dedicated blog.

·
joie de vivre
11,272 Posts
I feel old today. I had to google "Tumblr" to even find out what it is. LOL

My friends have been on me to either start my own blog or a blog for my dogs but honestly, I have no idea when I'd find the time for it. I'm usually so busy I'm lucky if I can eat dinner and get in bed at a decent time. I had wanted to start a journal for Fiona's agility training because you learn sooooo much with your first dog but I couldn't even keep up with that. Too busy training to write about it! LOL

I love to catch up on others' blogs when I have time though (usually late at night, in bed, and I fall asleep 5-minutes into my online readings).

·
The Dopie Dobie
1,281 Posts
Maybe ill make one for Kratos and the rest of his clan. I just need enough time....if only this darn ipad ran flash uploading would be 1000000000x my convienient

·
Registered
866 Posts
Once I get settled in my new place I plan to start a general purpose blog, I am sure Malia and Magnum will have guest appearances....

Shameful to say, I don't know what a tumblr is...:(

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
I have an Elka blog (link in my sig). I do talk about subjects other than just her *gasp*, and do not write it in her voice. I didn't "find out" about Tumblr until recently, it seems. I love everybody's pictures, though!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts