Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok....My sons have been teaching Sabot to greet them with a hug when they see him......The way they do it, is for him to jump up on you, paws on your shoulders and put his head down on your shoulder.....I don't know if this is such a good idea lol...because now everytime I walk in the door, I get this huge marmaduke dog trying to "HUG" me.....and last night when I was on the computer he jumped up in my lap with the whole front of him and tried to cuddle....He is 94 lbs now......it's very cute with the boys....and I like it too, cept when I am on my way out to work in my business clothes....

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
lol our dalmatian would give us a hug but only if we told her to. but that was when I was much shorter b.c I was younger so she could reach. Maybe try teaching it to him like it is a special trick...meant for only special times with a command. I can just imagine you already to leave for work and you didnt realize sabot caused a tear in your outfit!!!! and for some reason your wondering why everyone at work is staring at ya!!! haha

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Da'Kari gives hugs like that too mariposa, usually when I am sitting at the computer she will do the same, jump up and have her top part of her body in my lap and put her head on my chest, it is so sweet but the jumping up is on invite only, you can teach him to do it when you say so, not whenever he wants.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, I actually have been working on this...last night after he practically crawled in my lap I made him do a down and then let him come back up....He just doesn't understand why he can't jump on me and kiss and hug me whenever he wants, lol

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Oh what a sweetheart! Boy he is getting big! He weighs as much as Spirit!!
Sabot just loves his Mommy and wants to hug and kiss you!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts