Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm woundering if anyone one here has their Dobie doing the dock dogs/dock diving competions or if you just have your dobie do it for fun. I just Got my dobie a short time ago but want to start getting him used to playing in the water and then having him compete in dock dog contest.

if i can find any close to where i live if not we can just go down to the lake in the summer time and he can cool off in the water.:D

what im really looking for in this thread are tips on how to get my dobie used to water and not make him afraid of it, tried to do it whit some of the previous dogs i have owned but have never got them used to the water aside from giving them baths.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Flirt is the first Dobe I've had that enjoys water. What I did NOT know is a lot of Dobes rally cannot swim well AT ALL. We had to go in after her to help. I"m used to sporting breeds who go right in at 12 weeks and swim for days :)

I let dogs go in on their own; I never force. It helps to get a high value toy they like and see if other dogs will go in with them fetching, playing, etc.

·
Premium Member
8,731 Posts
Vader is not a fan of swimming. He like to get in and cool off. He's fine as long as his feet touch the ground.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts