Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Da Boss
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone! My name is Melissa and I'm so excited to be around others who share my love of the doberman.
It's funny, because that wasn't always so. When I was growing up, dobermans were the dogs that were to be feared and ignored. My husband decided when we got our first house that he wanted a dobie. After much research and meeting several people who had dobes, I gave in. I've never looked back and we've been so happy with our first doberman, a 6 year old red and tan girl named Brandy, that we've decided our family needs to grow. We're currently in the process of adopting a blue male, named Axel.
I'm very much looking forward to sharing and learning from all of you!

Cheers!
Melissa

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Welcome from your neighbor to the south! Congrats on your new addition...where will you be adopting him from?

Reactions: Meldrew79

·
Maximus Odin Aurelius
549 Posts
Dobermans are the best dogs ever, as you well know. Nothing like a good lick or nose poke in the face the first thing in the morning. Welcome...and we like pictures!

We are on our second red and rust male. The first one, Dartagnan lived until he was 11 years old and Maximus will be 2 on April 4th. We'll always have one. Good luck with adopting Axle.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Welcome from southeast Wis! and thanks for adopting!

·
Small Handful of Woman
1,783 Posts
Hi Everyone! My name is Melissa and I'm so excited to be around others who share my love of the doberman.
It's funny, because that wasn't always so. When I was growing up, dobermans were the dogs that were to be feared and ignored. My husband decided when we got our first house that he wanted a dobie. After much research and meeting several people who had dobes, I gave in. I've never looked back and we've been so happy with our first doberman, a 6 year old red and tan girl named Brandy, that we've decided our family needs to grow. We're currently in the process of adopting a blue male, named Axel.
I'm very much looking forward to sharing and learning from all of you!

Cheers!
Melissa
Welcome from Canada!
My husband and I are huge Green Bay Packers fans and have visited Green Bay a few times:dancing_b
We adopted too. Best choice we ever made! Good for you, keep us all updated!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Welcome from Colorado. You will never want to be without a dobe. Amazing breed. I will be visiting your state in June. A little town north of you, Crivitz. Have fun with you new guy.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome! Axel is from the Doberman Rescue Alliance of Wisconsin (DRAW). We finally get to meet him on Sunday!
Oh! Axel, I've been watching him for awhile on the draw site, he looks like such a sweet goofy boy! Be sure and fill us in on the meeting and hopefully it goes well :)

Reactions: dobedream

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Doberman Talk!!!

Bless you for considering a Rescue...........they are the BEST!!! Hope ALex will be yours soon!

Hugz to Brandy!

·
Da Boss
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Unfortunately, Axel didn't work out for us. We live in the city and Axel was not used to bikers and roller bladers. My husband has had three back surgeries and it took him everything he had to get him back under control. He's actually been off work since we tried to take Axel for that walk. Axel is a super sweet boy though and it broke my heart that he wasn't the right dog for us.

Reactions: Sam1491

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
Sorry it didn't work out. Rescues can take some time to adapt.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
He'll be perfect for someone though :)

Good things come to those that wait, our state may not often (look like it has) dobermans to rescue but one will show up soon enough that's a great fit! Good luck in the search!

·
Super Moderator
22,009 Posts
Maybe an older, laid-back dog will work out better. Rescues do also take some time to settle in and show you their true personalities.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts