Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your dobie kick? Princi kicks like she's got a 3rd degree black belt!! Its quite funny...and she does kick hard!

It started when she was a few months old. She would do the play bow, jump, and then turn around and if I smacked her butt or her thigh she would kick. It has now become so routine for her that she just does the play bow and turns around and backs into you so she can just kick you.:3dbiggrin

But she olny does it to people that she knows will play with her, so its quite safe as well.....

So is your dobie a kicker or do something else that you would like to share?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nariko as with all of our poast dobes are what i called swatters....her front paws just wail in the air while playing, sometimes making contact...another thing ive seen numerous dobes do is lay on there back, pick there toy up with front paws and bring it down to there mouth... almost cat like actions... but ive never seen any of ours do rear kicks, quite entertaining im sure....

·
Registered
357 Posts
LOL, jack even though still young... Loves to smack.. he will smack something first before he pounces on it. heh... soemtimes he will test our cat like that.. smacks at her to see if she will smack back at him before he plays with her.. its like hes fishing for trouble.

·
Registered
50 Posts
kyro hits, He'd Rather smack you with his paw then nibble on ya. lol. Dobermans are a breed unlike any other im beginning to find out :)

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
When you throw a toy for Gracie she throws her front paws up in the air and one hits the floor at a time. So it's a thud thud kinda sound. :)

Also when she jumps off the deck she kicks her back legs out on an angle. It's funny to see her do that.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Ya know, I thought all of these quirky behaviors were unique to my dobermonster, guess not :) Chihiro kicks better than any cow. She's been known to kick and push a full grown sleeping man off of the sofa before :) She also swats, especially when I'm trying to get her to lay down in her bed. I'll lean down and point, normally exasperated "would you just lay down??" and she'll start swatting at my hand.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I got a kicker here! If you tickle her back paw, KICK! And if she needs more room (past tense of course, no more furniture!!) on the bed and her Dad is in her way, it is not beneath her to nail and kick him hard!

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Lexus said:
I got a kicker here! If you tickle her back paw, KICK! And if she needs more room (past tense of course, no more furniture!!) on the bed and her Dad is in her way, it is not beneath her to nail and kick him hard!
LOL she's back off the furniture again eh? Poor Lexus... she really needs to come and live with Auntie Tracy, I'd let her on the furniture :)

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Duchess likes to push me away...if im crowding her with kisses...and she is laying down she will roll over and start pushing me away with all her feet...or sometimes she will smack me with her front paw. Ill be kissing her then Ill stop...then SMACK! in my face with her paw!

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Tia does exactly the same thing, but Chelsie will put her paw on your head and spread her paw so her claws dig in,and she does that if you kiss her then pretend to ignore her,Amber is just one big kissyfur she drives me crazy she will nudge and nudge till you give her fuss.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I know, mean old mommy, grrrrr! I feel like we are recovering addicts, everyday I say to hubby, okay got through day #4 or #5, whatever the number, and Lex has stayed off the couch! 5 days clean! Who says dog people are completely normal?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts