Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

Yesterday, I received a plea email for a red dobbie in the Garland High Kill Shelter that was owner surrender because it is fearful and if she was not pulled by today, she will be PTS. Even though my hands are full with 2 shelter dogs of my own and busy work schedule, I did not want this angel to be PTS.
I offered to hold her temporarily until someone can take her. This morning, I went to the shelter and that poor dog was shaking and was very fearful of humans. Her nails were so long that it was bleeding. She will not walk at all when any humans are around. Obviously the previous owner have abused her by using her as a breed machine. After he used her. he dumped her to a high kill shelter. All she had in her life was a male dog humping her and giving birth to puppies.

This dog is very beautiful and will be a normal dog again under the care of a loving owner. I am in Richardson, TX. Does anyone know of a good owner who can rehabilitate her. SHe deserves a good life filled with love and care.

I can hold her the most for a week.

She is a beautiful dog but just very fearful...

Thks
Jeya

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Everyone,

Yesterday, I received a plea email for a red dobbie in the Garland High Kill Shelter that was owner surrender because it is fearful and if she was not pulled by today, she will be PTS. Even though my hands are full with 2 shelter dogs of my own and busy work schedule, I did not want this angel to be PTS.
I offered to hold her temporarily until someone can take her. This morning, I went to the shelter and that poor dog was shaking and was very fearful of humans. Her nails were so long that it was bleeding. She will not walk at all when any humans are around. Obviously the previous owner have abused her by using her as a breed machine. After he used her. he dumped her to a high kill shelter. All she had in her life was a male dog humping her and giving birth to puppies.

This dog is very beautiful and will be a normal dog again under the care of a loving owner. I am in Richardson, TX. Does anyone know of a good owner who can rehabilitate her. SHe deserves a good life filled with love and care.

I can hold her the most for a week.

She is a beautiful dog but just very fearful...

Thks
Jeya

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure if u can see the pics but if u can't pls let me know. I will try to attach them again. Thks!

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
They were there before but aren't now

Poor girl, I hope she finds a home that shows her how being spoiled, loved, and baby free means! The story those eyes tell.....

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, I mistakenly created 2 threads of the same. The first one has the pics. Not sure how to delete this thread.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
If that's the case just leave it be or ask a mod to delete it/condense it with the other since it's a repost

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, I brought her home and it's not working out. She have not gone potty whole day... She feels so secured inside her crate that she does not even want to come out of the crate to eat or drink or potty. I have to drag her out and it's very stressful for her and for me too. Besides, because of the fact that her whole life male dogs have been humping her, she growls at my dogs the moment she sees them. I don't blame her but it's also stressful for my dogs. She needs rehabilitation and it's impossible to rehabilitate her with 2 dogs in the env. that are not crated.

I feel really bad for her but at the same time, I have no experience dealing with such mental situation with 2 dogs around. If I just had her, I would have adopted her and rehabilitate her..

Pls network her because she really needs a owner who loves her and with her condition, it will be really desirable for her to be in a place with no other dogs.

SOS!!!!

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
so sad.

she is a beauty.

bless you for trying to help, it does sound like she needs one on one, with no other dogs.

I hope someone will give her a chance.

Hugz to you sweetie.

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
Yes, I brought her home and it's not working out. She have not gone potty whole day... She feels so secured inside her crate that she does not even want to come out of the crate to eat or drink or potty. I have to drag her out and it's very stressful for her and for me too. Besides, because of the fact that her whole life male dogs have been humping her, she growls at my dogs the moment she sees them. I don't blame her but it's also stressful for my dogs. She needs rehabilitation and it's impossible to rehabilitate her with 2 dogs in the env. that are not crated.

I feel really bad for her but at the same time, I have no experience dealing with such mental situation with 2 dogs around. If I just had her, I would have adopted her and rehabilitate her..

Pls network her because she really needs a owner who loves her and with her condition, it will be really desirable for her to be in a place with no other dogs.

SOS!!!!

That's a tough situation :(

Have you contacted local Doberman rescues, or the Doberman Assistance Network?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thks guys for all yr understanding and suggestions. I have not contacted DAN. I will contact them today. There is a rescue in Missouri who is willing to take her but with her mental condition/fear, transporting her that far does not seem good for her. If only she can get along with my dogs, it will be easier for me to keep her until she improves a bit. She buries her head into her bedding whenever i approach her crate due to fear.. it's so sad... I am really hoping for her to be adopted by her loving owner who has no dogs and slowly socialize her to other dogs. She looks like 2 - 3 yrs old. Pls pray that she will be in a stable loving home soon.

Thks

·
Super Moderator
21,910 Posts
Actually, I mistakenly created 2 threads of the same. The first one has the pics. Not sure how to delete this thread.
I have merged the threads for you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts