Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone i have a 4 month old red dobie and i have recently found out from many people he has an allergy to chicken... Before i was feeding him what his breeder was feeding him before. which is blue buffalo chicken and rice. Ever since he came back home with me he developed these white spots under his skin and he itches them like crazy at first i thought it was bed bugs or something but after speaking to many experienced dobie owners they told me he was allergic to chicken. I went to the vet and he told me that he's allergic to bed bugs or something.. but i go with my instinct and listen to the other dog owners... Now i am feeding him Blackwood (Lamb and rice) Do you think this will be ok for him? i mean allot of the owners suggested this brand but with the salmon and in my pet shop they only sell the chicken or the lamb one... has anyone had this before? what food do you feed your dobie if he/she has an allergy to chicken.. baring in mind i live in Malaysia so it will be hard to find american brands or such...
Thanks everyone looking forward to your help :) xx

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Its rated a 4 out of 5 on Dog Food Reviews | Dog Food Ratings There is only one questionalbe ingredient which is dried plain beet pulp. Don't know which other foods you can get in Malaysia.
If you want to research dog foods. Look at LindaH posts. She has the sites listed.
A requirement on this site is photos of your pup.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is blackwood ok for my dobie??

Hi everyone i have a 4 month old red dobie and i have recently found out from many people he has an allergy to chicken... Before i was feeding him what his breeder was feeding him before. which is blue buffalo chicken and rice. Ever since he came back home with me he developed these white spots under his skin and he itches them like crazy at first i thought it was bed bugs or something but after speaking to many experienced dobie owners they told me he was allergic to chicken. I went to the vet and he told me that he's allergic to bed bugs but i go with my instinct and listen to the other dog owners... Now i am feeding him Blackwood (Lamb and rice) Do you think this will be ok for him? i mean allot of the owners suggested this brand but with the salmon and in my pet shop they only sell the chicken or the lamb one... has anyone had this before? what food do you feed your dobie if he/she has an allergy to chicken.. baring in mind i live in Malaysia so it will be hard to find american brands or such...
Thanks everyone looking forward to your help xx

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know you can get science plan and i think EVO but im not too sure... The pet shop near my house is very limited.. although they do have this one bag called natur.... something i didnt read it properly but it has salman and the shop recommended it too me.. but its super expensive so i picked blackwood which was previously recommended to me.. well as far as i know he is allergic to chicken and thats it for now... Haha! ok im new on this site so im going to try to post it but somtimes its abit confusing.. here is he in the park.. and when he was with me before i took him home..

Attachments

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I know you can get science plan and i think EVO but im not too sure... The pet shop near my house is very limited.. although they do have this one bag called natur.... something i didnt read it properly but it has salman and the shop recommended it too me.. but its super expensive so i picked blackwood which was previously recommended to me.. well as far as i know he is allergic to chicken and thats it for now... Haha! ok im new on this site so im going to try to post it but somtimes its abit confusing.. here is he in the park.. and when he was with me before i took him home..
Blackwood is made in Ohio. But I have to look at one other ingredient which is Fructooligosaccharide (FOS), Never heard of this one.
For starters you want a food with no corn, wheat, or soy in it.
I think you mean Science Diet. Not a good food.
Your next trip to the store just write down the names and do a search on some of these sites
Dog Food Reviews | Dog Food Ratings
DogAware.com: Diet & Health Info for Man's Best Friend
Top Dog Food | Cash Advance | Debt Consolidation | Insurance at Thedogfoodproject.com
Dog Food Comparison, Ratings, Reviews - In-Depth Guide to the Best Dog Food
You might think about feeding a raw diet.
He is a cute pup
You don't have to start a new post Just click on this one to read what the other people answer to your post

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you, yeah ill do that :) Haha i know sorry im still getting used to this site to be honest. its abit confusing.. here he is at the vet.. i have thought about feeding him raw diet but its abit expensive at the moment for me.. maybe ill give it a go when im abit more stable haha.. because for some reason the meat here is quite expensive..

Attachments

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
I have a couple of sites in my signature below that do an analysis and rating of dog foods. The dogfoodadvisor site has allergy foods grouped so you can look at them and find what you can get. Four months is very, very early to say a pup has food allergies. Also, I wouldnt raise a puppy on lamb if I could find another protein. Lamb will not build muscle like other proteins. If he is being bitten by bedbugs, you need to get rid of them. Good luck with your new puppy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi thanks for giving me those links.. ill look through them now.. i remember what the store recommended me to buy for my dog its the salman and rice nutriedge.. have you heard of that brand? im going to try to see if their is any reviews about it...

Btw do you know how i can delete my other posts because by accident i posted them 4 times.. thanks again :)

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Nutriedge doesn't look like a bad food. But I do not like that they use Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex. It is a synthetic source of Vit K Activity.
Some stuff about it
Menadione (e.g. menadione sodium bisulfate, menadione sodium bisulfite or menadione dimethylpyrimidinol bisulfite)
•has never been researched or specifically approved for long term use, such as in pet food
•has been banned from use in food and supplements for human use in many European countries due to serious side effects, including permanent damage and deaths
•FDA has banned synthetic vitamin K from over-the-counter supplements because of its high toxicity
•vitamins K1 and K2 are metabolized through the lymphatic system, utilizing pancreatic enzymes and bile acids and regulated by the liver. Vitamin K3 is absorbed directly and bypasses the natural pathways and regulators.

You can read the rest about it at
The Dog Food Project - Menadione (Vitamin K3)) .

Alot of the ingredients look great then they put this c--p in it!!!:mad:

Like LindaH said Your pup should get a good high source of proteins

1 - 9 of 9 Posts