Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay gals (and Guys??!) lets have a brag session!!! And maybe some info for me.... What do you do with your dogs? Lovable couch potato (I think they all are!), hiking, biking, anybody show in anything, therapy, etc...?

I am new the the dog show world (have shown horses all my life), We have just got Lexus her CGC!!! I know for alot of you guys that is probably old news, but like I said I'm a NEWBIE!! We also got certified for TDI, and plan to start some visits in the next month or so. Our new goal is rally! REALLY EXCITED!!! Of course first and foremost, she is my shadow!!! It's a rare day to even be able to go into the bathroom alone!! My poor husband, he's been so neglected since my girl came into the picture!!

So lets hear it!! :dancing_b

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well, WHEN I get a dobie, we'll be working in Schutzhund, maybe teh French ring sport, and if I get really bord, PSA.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LCGSDmama said:
Well, WHEN I get a dobie, we'll be working in Schutzhund, maybe teh French ring sport, and if I get really bord, PSA.
]

What is the french ring sport? Or PSA?

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
joce said:
my boy loves running in the woods if that counts :) Otherwise he is just a huge couch potato!
Hey they work hard at that couch potato stuff!!! You know the cushions don't fluff themselves!!

:3dbiggrin

·
Pack Leader
1,551 Posts
Well my girl loves to go for her walk. I try to walk her everyday for atleast 20 minutes. It is our quiet time :tongue23:

On Wed nights I take her to her OB classes and she loves that. Afterwards all the dogs get to play and just be wild for 15 minutes before we break. She cant wait to play with Charlie (a little 5lb chiuaua that thinks he is 105lb). She is always very gentle with him even if he thinks that he is in charge. :)

She loves to play fetch with her YELLOW tennis balls, nothing else will do. The ball must be a YELLOW tennis ball. Crazy dog. :D

And she loves to ride in the truck. I have a 4 door truck and she just sits in the back looking out the window letting the wind blow her cheeks open..lol

DA

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LCGSDmama said:

Wow, a lot of training goes into both! Geez, we'd flunk that part about the food! She will "leave it" on command, but I don't thnk she go so far as to spit it out if it was "accidentally" thrown in her mouth! :eatchicke

Have you competed in these with your other kids? The look intense and fun!!

Lexus

·
Registered
73 Posts
I compete in Schutzhund, Malachi just came into age for his BH, He has a little problem with lungin at other dogs when he is on the leash, so I'm working on that, and THEN we'll be able to satrt working on the BH.

I dog has to be 15months to be able to get his BH. Malachi just turned 18months two days ago.

·
Extraordimary
4,927 Posts
Lexus said:
Okay gals (and Guys??!) lets have a brag session!!! And maybe some info for me.... What do you do with your dogs? Lovable couch potato (I think they all are!), hiking, biking, anybody show in anything, therapy, etc...?
My dogs are shown in conformation, I train and trial in obedience (at the novice level so far. Was training one dog for open but unfortunately, I don't think he'll be able to continue since he had an incident of idiopathic vestibular syndrome), my dogs all earn CGCs or CGNs as they are called in Canada, we go through Temperament Tests when they are available (there have been so few of them around I've had to resort to organizing one for my club to make one available). My dogs all participate in the ongoing cardiac research at the U of Guelph in both the Well Doberman study and the Holter project. I became a Holter contact person for the study and am responsible for Holtering about 24 Dobermans a year. Five of my dogs are enrolled in the CVI study at the U of Guelph as part of the "normal" study group, and we are in the middle of getting everyone into the vWD study at the U of Guelph as well. My dogs take part in things like trade shows that represent local clubs, one has ridden on a float in the Santa Claus parade (played the Grinch's dog), etc. The rest of the time you can find them chewing bones or resting all over the house.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MaryAndDobes said:
My dogs are shown in conformation, I train and trial in obedience (at the novice level so far. Was training one dog for open but unfortunately, I don't think he'll be able to continue since he had an incident of idiopathic vestibular syndrome), my dogs all earn CGCs or CGNs as they are called in Canada, we go through Temperament Tests when they are available (there have been so few of them around I've had to resort to organizing one for my club to make one available). My dogs all participate in the ongoing cardiac research at the U of Guelph in both the Well Doberman study and the Holter project. I became a Holter contact person for the study and am responsible for Holtering about 24 Dobermans a year. Five of my dogs are enrolled in the CVI study at the U of Guelph as part of the "normal" study group, and we are in the middle of getting everyone into the vWD study at the U of Guelph as well. My dogs take part in things like trade shows that represent local clubs, one has ridden on a float in the Santa Claus parade (played the Grinch's dog), etc. The rest of the time you can find them chewing bones or resting all over the house.

Awwhh!! That's GREAT!!! That's so good that you do so much for the breed for other people as well! How many do you have?? I'm just getting into dog showing and stuff, so I'm pretty new to it, Id like to get into the obedience and rally I'm just having a really hard time finding anything even kind of local to participate in. So for right now I'm just waiting (not) patiently for my obedience classes to start back up (Lexy and I love them and the other dogs and people in them) Okay so it's social hour for us!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts