Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I have decided that we will welcome another soul into the household in the next couple of months. :yeahbaby:

We brought in the love of our life back in April, he is now almost 8 months old and we couldnt be happier. That beign said, we didn't do our due diligence when selecting a breeder and purchased from a BYB. I still feel sick about it, but we have both learned from our mistake and will certainly be adjusting our methods now.

Anyways, we want another dobie. We haven't decided doberboy or dobergirl. The only thing we have decided is that we will be reversing our BYB karma and getting a rescue dobe. My question is if there are any suggestions as for sex and age of a rescue considering out 8 month old lunatic, or if we are better off waiting for a few more months for Alex to mature a bit more.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
If you have a male, I would not consider another male. I would also wait until Alex is 2-3 to bring in another dog. Give him a chance to reach his full potential and get ani dea of his adult temperament first.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I would suggest a female since dobermans are known for male/male aggression.

Reactions: kingbrehm

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts