Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about dobi ears. since jack is my first im curious. his ear are pretty high on his head and triangle facing foward. i will try to get a pic of them put up tomarrow. but i have been seeing some dobi pictures with some pretty long ears and wondering if they get bigger as they grow cause his seem small and high. (also wondering if they might have a better chance of standing good with being so high on his head)
Im really curious.
Jamie.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
How they stand is really a question of how the crop was done - a shorrter crop will stand better, faster than a longer show crop. you amy want to discuss with your vet as to which you prefer. Sometimes, just because of the ear shape they will have to go shorter (they did with Cody). But you really have to be diligent with the posting and posting properly. If you plan to do it your self, have the vet do it a couple of times and watch carefully. so you learn the right way.

cc

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I dont want a show crop cause thats to long for my taste. But yeah the vet is gonna be doing the first two tapings so ill be watching. down here they vets ive talked to only offer two styles of crop, standard and show. so im going with the standard. Thanks for the info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts