Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please can you just tell me wether you would still have dobes with tails or not . i would as a dobe is still the same with or without .:3dbiggrin
wilmitch

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
I would also say docked....Its so nice not to have the coffee table cleared off by a happy dobie....

·
Registered
68 Posts
Aside from the pain of a tail lashing I would definitly take home another Dobe with a tail. My first was all natural, and well a dobe is a dobe!

·
Banned
675 Posts
Since undocked Doberman tails are often curled over their backs like Huskies there might not be that much table clearing or lashing going on.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
I prefer the docked tail.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Not fussed either way, a dobe is a dobe to me, same dog same smiley kissy face,ears up ears down who cares, same clever dog no matter what.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I prefer the undocked in most docked breeds, Dobermans being one of them. I love to come home to a constantly happy, wagging tail like my Tango (retriever) has. If I ever get another Dobe I want an all natural one.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Definite docked, and on that note my one dobe would have looked like dumbo the elephant if we left her ears. They were so big and wide and long that they folded like a fanned piece of paper, seriously the vet even said oh my lol

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I think the question was if docking and cropping was banned would we all still own Dobermans in the future? like would you still love the breed and want to own one or show one if they had they didnt get their tails and ears done. I know alot of us of course prefer cropped and docked...but would you still be with the breed if they couldnt be cropped and docked.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I HAVE AN UNDOCKED DOBIE, HE CARRIES HIS TAIL HIGH AND CURLED OVER HIS BACK, THERE IS NO WHIPLASH FROM IT AND HE CERTAINLY DOESN'T CLEAR THE COFFEE TABLE!! I HAVE HAD THREE DOBES IN THE PAST BEING A DOBE OWNER FOR OVER 20 YEARS, I THINK THE IMPORTANT PART OF ANY DOG IS HIS/HER NATURE. CODY HAS A TEMPERAMENT SECOND TO NONE, NEVER NEEDED TO DO ANY FORMAL TRAINING WITH HIM, HE IS JUST NATURALLY A GOOD BOY.

OH YES AND HE IS A RESCUE. HE HAS RAISED HUNDREDS OF POUNDS FOR BOXER RESCUE, THE KIDS LOVE HIM WHEN WE ARE COLLECTING, HE JUST ADORES BEING AROUND CHILDREN AND ALTHOUGH HE IS A BIG LAD HE IS VERY GENTLE WITH SMALL CHILDREN.

SO THE ANSWER IS YES, TAIL OR NO TAIL - A DOBE IS STILL A DOBE AND I WILL ALWAYS HAVE ONE. ( I ALSO HAVE AN UNDOCKED VIZSLA AS WELL AS A DOCKED ONE)

A TAIL IS JUST A TAIL BUT A DOBE WILL ALWAYS BE A DOBE:emo8: :emo8:

·
Registered
421 Posts
definately docked. I know someone that jsut rescued s boxer with its tail and I'd never wnat that:) could be the dogs crazy though. If its the only way I could have them thats one thing but my huskys tail got broke so I'm not holding out much hope for a dobes.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have a pit/boxer with his tail.. it can be killer sometimes.. but i couldnt see him with out it.. he would look hilarious.. but with dobes. i like having the nub! But i cold deal with the tail if it was a rescue.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts