Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Heat Seeking Missile
522 Posts
3 years ago I was jogging and Porsche went off into a pond area, all of a sudden I hear Canadian Geese going crazy, I look over to the right and there was about 50 of them going after Porsche as she entered their nesting area.

She hasn't trusted a bird since lol.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,323 Posts
I remember my first dobe swimming way out onto a lake to go after a flock of geese. He swam and swam til he got quite close, and then he suddenly seemed to realize that his head in the water was lower than the geese' bodies were, floating along on top. And he was out-numbered.

He looked at the geese; they looked at him. You could sense some heavy duty thinking going on.

Then all came to a decision--the dog turned around and headed back to shore; the geese swam off in the opposite direction.

I think geese are quite the brainy birds.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,323 Posts
The same dog used to chase the duck couple who made their home in the thumbnail sized pond behind our apartments.

He would jump in splashily, and thrash his way noisily toward the ducks.

They would pick up lazily and flap their way to the opposite end.

He would turn around, still swimming, and flail his way back. When he got too close, the ducks would.........

....fly back to where they had started.

He would turn around and head off after the elusive pair.

Back and forth, back and forth--at least it did get him some needed exercise, I suppose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts