Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, I thought this picture was intersting to show how hard it can be for our big dogs to maneuver the Dog Walk. You can see that Flirt's rear legs are almost exactly as wide as the dog walk itself! This is from the trial where it was 95 out.

This looks ummm interesting?? One would think she'd take off sooner??? OR is this efficient jumping?

·
Back Off
1,721 Posts
Love the pictures!! I think it is efficient jumping LOL with 95 degree heat, I'd be doing it to! She looks great!

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Small dogs have an advantage on the dog walk. The times Bacchus has fallen it's been on that piece of equipment. I'm amazed your girl was able to keep her footing. You and she make it look easy. :)

It's hard getting that balance between speed and accuracy but the pics show how it's done.

·
Premium Member
7,375 Posts
Good pictures!

(I have to chuckle as I thought you were in a little black dress in that first photo, which is an odd choice for agility!)

I'd call that last shot getting to the base of the fence....we spend oodles of time training horses to compact their stride for that type of take off vs charging from the "long spot". A good jumper should be able to do either type well, so tell Flirt she is a good girl!

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Neat pics! I love the ones where their paws are curled up under them like in the 2nd photo. What do you ladies do to stay cool out there?

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Neat pics! I love the ones where their paws are curled up under them like in the 2nd photo. What do you ladies do to stay cool out there?
I majorly goofed last weekend because I thought it was only going to be low 80s. So I didn’t have what I usually bring. Typically I bring crate fans and cool coats. I also finally ordered some cool pads from Clean Run. Not sure how well they work. I also hose the dogs down several times a day. AND the way the fairgrounds is set up IF you get there early and on the good side, it’s about 10 degrees cooler! I didn’t know because I have to work and come late. It made a huge difference so in the future I’ll take time off to go set up.

I’m surprised Flirt ran “as well” as she did. Quotes because I did have to pull her for sniffing Sunday’s first run. But she came together for the 2nd run (minus weaves but that’s a long time issue I’m working on anyway). Saturday she ran like it was much cooler out than mid 90s.

Reactions: hjgrl

·
Like a Ninja
3,916 Posts
Those are great pictures!!!

Looks like Flirt knows how to Dog Walk super fast!!!

Did she knock that one bar? Swear it looks like her chest is touching it.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Ditto the horse show-jumping comment. I was thinking how hard I used to work at getting the horse to stride that way!

Here Here!! Definitely "efficient" and good jumping!

WAY TO GO FLIRT!

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those are great pictures!!!

Looks like Flirt knows how to Dog Walk super fast!!!

Did she knock that one bar? Swear it looks like her chest is touching it.
Nope, she didn't have any knocked bars and I don't remember seeing her jump like that before. Oh, like in my signature :) Maybe I'm doing something right OR it was just too hot to expend energy :) But DANG her chest is awfully close there!

Reactions: Jonesy'sMom

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
excellent pics !! and I love love love how lean she is she looks great.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Funny, I was thinking about horses jumping as well.

Anyway, Flirt looks awesome!! How great that you can enjoy & bond together while learning. She must be very fit and happy!! (and accomplished)

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Excellent pictures! I really like the dog walk one and I Love your hair!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts