Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I find the fact that the local humane society is soliciting funds to be sort of puzzling. From what I read initially, the veterinary clinic was accepting donations and then one individual stepped up and committed to covering the entire cost of Zeus' surgery. The last I heard, the vet clinic was taking names of those who wished to donate in case he ends up needing further treatment and incurs further expense. Now, the humane society is setting up a fund? For what, exactly, I wonder...

There was a case some years ago in an impoverished county in Michigan in which a Doberman was hit by a car and left lying in a ditch very badly injured. The county not only had no money to help him, but they didn't even have an animal control facility... they had a couple of cobbled together pens out behind some shed somewhere. The plight of this dog ended up making the news on television. Not only was the dog able to recieve medical treatment, but the overage was enough to build an animal shelter!

If anyone is moved to donate a buck for this dog, I would suggest that it be directed toward the hospital which is providing his care (although I don't think that they are accepting any further monies). I suspect that the humane society is just using his story as a cash cow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts