Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
107 Posts
Dober_addict said:
I forgot to add in my above post that Rottweilers do require grooming, unlike Dobermans.
All breeds need grooming; short coated breeds should be groomed with a soft brush or a rubber glove brush to help remove loose and 'dead' hair. Running a damp towel over them afterwards doesn't hurt. Also, all dogs need their nails clipped, teeth brushed (if needed), ears cleaned, and bathed when they get dirty. All dogs need grooming, some breeds or individuals just require less. ;)

----

As for the original topic, I can't really answer. I've never seriously researched Rottweilers, nor do I have much personal experience with them other than the ones I have worked with while volunteering at the local animal shelter.

I will say though that I've never met a drooling Doberman, but a good portion, at least half, of the Rotties I have met have been droolers. I personally find drool to be the most disgusting thing ever. *laughs*

· Registered
107 Posts
Dober_addict said:
As far as drooling goes, none of my Rottweilers have been droolers, neither have most other Rotts I know or have met before. They, and my Dobermans both drool for food though at times but other than that I wouldn't call them big droolers...
Most (if not all) of the Rotties I've met/worked with have been from shelters. I don't know where you got your Rotties but it might be in part to bad breeding that they're droolers. *shrug*

I wouldn't call them -big- droolers either, I was just saying that about half of the ones I have met have drooled.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.