Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Live in Charlotte NC and check craigslist daily. Today I came across doberman pups for sale here in charlotte for 200$, disgusting to say the least. BYB claims to have akc registered pedigrees yada yada. Anyways, I want to send a message back or post another ad to stay away from this person. Anyone know the rules and regs to craigslist or have any advice on how to contact or call them out??

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Most I know is to flag the post each time they try and post it. Perhaps look for a number or contact info at the bottom of the screen for craigslist mods or something?

And yes, you can post another add, perhaps with the outline of a byb versus reputable breeder and why it matters, we have enough of those lists around the forum ;)

Reactions: CashKO

·
Super Moderator
15,548 Posts
you can flag the ad or post in the craigslist forum about it. But with these people where there's a will theres a way. The puppies will just be posted on kiji, puppyfind, or the observer instead.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I Live in Charlotte NC and check craigslist daily. Today I came across doberman pups for sale here in charlotte for 200$, disgusting to say the least. BYB claims to have akc registered pedigrees yada yada. Anyways, I want to send a message back or post another ad to stay away from this person. Anyone know the rules and regs to craigslist or have any advice on how to contact or call them out??
Bold mine. Remember that just being registered means nothing about quality, and that nearly every disgusting puppy mill scumbag out there really does have purebred AKC dobermans if they say they do, but it's easy to ruin a breed and have hideous dogs that don't conform to any breed standard while keeping them purebred.

A thought though, that the really impressive breeders out there won't even mention "akc purebred" or "champion lines" because there is no reason for them to be anything else.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Puppy mills disgust me, but those poor puppies need to find loving homes too. It's not their fault.
I feel like this is where things get a little complicated. A lot of people seem to go to the BYB, see the horrible conditions then "save" the puppy. The problem with that is, yes you are helping that puppy, but you are giving money to the BYB which encourages them to keep breeding and bringing more puppies into the world, into those horrible conditions. It is almost hoping for lesser of 2 evils. Leave those puppies, let the owner realize that they can't find homes for them, so they will dump them at a shelter. If they continue to have that happen they will probably be more likely to stop breeding. (wishful thinking, I know) But in theory if the "greeder" isn't making money, then they won't want to continue to try and hopefully move onto something else, hopefully something not living. Yes, it is sad that those puppies will end up in a shelter, but puppies get adopted more quickly. Instead of having the dogs grow up for a year or 2 then get dumped at the shelter by the new owners because they can't handle the dog, and the BYB won't take them back. Then the shelter has to try to adopt out a 2 year old doberman who probably has some behavioral issues because the last owner couldn't handle them. Its hard, it definitely is. I mean, how can you resist sad puppy eyes... :( But I think older dogs, in shelters, that have lived rough lives have the saddest eyes.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It didnt take long, post has been removed. Somebody got to it before I did, at least im not the only one!! Also I go to the dog park frequently. The other day I sat down with the regulars and saw a female dog with nipples hanging to the ground and showing her teeth to every dog. The owner had brought the female and 3 puppies in a box to sell at the dog park!! The puppies were only 4 weeks old and the bitch was only 9 months!! She was selling them for 250$. They were mutts. I didnt say anything because I wanted to keep her there as long as i could. I called animal control, the park watch and everybody I could. She left before they had a chance to catch her. Can you believe the balls of these people?? Apparently she has bred the same bitch before intentionally and plans to keep breeding her. Barf

·
Registered
907 Posts
A thought though, that the really impressive breeders out there won't even mention "akc purebred" or "champion lines" because there is no reason for them to be anything else.
My thoughts exactly. I find it akin to posting an ad for a car that says, "Car even comes with 4 wheels!! And a windshield!!"

·
Extraordimary
4,959 Posts
It didnt take long, post has been removed. Somebody got to it before I did, at least im not the only one!! Also I go to the dog park frequently. The other day I sat down with the regulars and saw a female dog with nipples hanging to the ground and showing her teeth to every dog. The owner had brought the female and 3 puppies in a box to sell at the dog park!! The puppies were only 4 weeks old and the bitch was only 9 months!! She was selling them for 250$. They were mutts. I didnt say anything because I wanted to keep her there as long as i could. I called animal control, the park watch and everybody I could. She left before they had a chance to catch her. Can you believe the balls of these people?? Apparently she has bred the same bitch before intentionally and plans to keep breeding her. Barf
At 9 months old, realistically, this is the bitch's first litter. Not that I agree with what they're doing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts