Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my doberman puppy's ears cropped when she was about 13-14 weeks old. I went with the medium short crop. Most of the time they stand up perfectly fine but when she is super excited or something REALLY has her attention they point inward.

The vet is saying this is normal and they look fine but they'll continue to keep reposting for me until I'm satisfied. They didn't seem to have any suggestions for me so I decided to do some research on my own and found that bumpers could help so I advised them to add cotton balls when posting b/c I think she may have pockets that are causing them to point inward. This didn't help at all :frown3: ;I don't like how it looks and I know it's not normal for this to happen but the vet is absolutely no help at this point and it's getting frustrating!

At this point she is about to be 7months in about a week and we still haven't corrected this issue. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

·
Zuko's Mom
191 Posts
We made a small foam bridge for Zuko's earswhen we posted and it seemed to keep his ears from pointing inward.

·
Super Moderator
22,339 Posts
I would definitely recommend not having the vet continue to tape them, and instead learning to post yourself. Most vets are NOT good at taping ears. This can still be corrected. You might see if there is a local Doberman chapter club that can help you or connect you with a good Doberman person to teach you to post with some bumpers. The DPCA | Chapter Clubs Another option would be to see if any of the DPCA breeders in Georgia might be willing to help teach you to post ears.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I'd quickly say you need to pull the ears up and make sure they are sticking to the posts. Then, get rid of the center piece......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts