Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.garrettsdobermans.com/amb1st_poll3rd_litters.html

Please go look at the photos of the litter of 14. Look at the fawn puppies. The last fawn male looks normal. Fawn, rust markings. But what in the heck are the rest of them????? They are the color of Min Pins!! One seems to have a white spot on the head and chin. No markings at all!!! This BYB sells her dilutes for twice as much as the blacks and reds. No health testing on any parents and is now not only breeding HERs, but is also brokering for other BYB's. They mostly all use the same male. The people with the litter of 14 had another litter born on the same day. They just retired one after 5 litters. But thats not what this post is about!! What ARE these fawn looking puppies????? She already has deposits, these puppies WILL be registered as Dobermans for a large price to people who do not know any better. They will probably be bred one day, having more puppies colored like this. Can these actually be purebred Dobermans??? Can anything be done so that AKC forces them to do DNA testing?
Anyone??????

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
[ Can anything be done so that AKC forces them to do DNA testing?
Anyone??????
Any person can file a Customer-Driven DNA complaint about a specific litter to the AKC. It has to be accompanied by a $500 deposit, which is returned to the complainant if the charge is sustained.

·
Super Moderator
15,655 Posts
Any person can file a Customer-Driven DNA complaint about a specific litter to the AKC. It has to be accompanied by a $500 deposit, which is returned to the complainant if the charge is sustained.
That's alot of money, but obviously there is something wrong. I'm having a hard time navigating that website, i'm hoping it's a good thing; I really don't feel like looking at what you described.
okay edit: here is the mother :-X

^wierd

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
As far as I'm concerned AKC should just require DNA. I have Arabian Horses and we have had DNA requirements for sometime, sire, dam and foal. Wonder what the sales pitch is for asking double the money for the dilutes? The whole thing is very sad. I agree that some of those fawn puppies are not exactly what I've ever seen before!

My friend recently got her ILP number on her nice dobe rescue girl so she could show her in obedience and AKC required 2 pictures, to prove she was a dobe. And under the ILP program they have to be altered and you have to show proof. So one would think AKC would take a hard look at those pictures before just sending out a registration certificate so they can be bred on.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
As far as I'm concerned AKC needs to just take a look without nailing somebody $500. AKC is the one collecting all the revenue off the registrations.

·
Super Moderator
15,655 Posts
I agree DNA testing would be a really good way to clear up some of these odd ends. Arabs seem to be documented very well, i've been around them alot myself. My mother is actually an Arab person and unfortunately she just recently lost her cass ole son tragically.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Beautiful Mom, but that pup does not look like it came from her. I have never laid eyes on a Doberman that light. ?????

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
two of them have HEAD SPOTS for heavens sake!!! head spots are NOT in the doberman genetic pool, are they?????????

and i think this one does too

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
As far as I'm concerned AKC needs to just take a look without nailing somebody $500. AKC is the one collecting all the revenue off the registrations.
I think the $500 filing fee is probably to discourage "grudge" complaints, and probably necessary for that reason.

·
Mighty One
1,734 Posts
:emo10: Yuk... When the website says, "Over 200 pages on this site!" it should make you wonder a bit. Actually they have 2 litters on the ground on July 14th. Amber and Polly www.garrettsdobermans.com/amb1st_poll3rd_litters.html Scroll down to bottom of page and click on individual collar collars.

I've never seen fawn puppies at this age but they do look odd in color and marking placement. You should still be able to distinguish between the fawn and tan markings. They should not have "head spots" that's for sure. I'll be interested to see what some of the experienced breeders on this list have to say about these pictures.

BYB make me sick:uuuh_2d_s

·
Premium Member
8,880 Posts
cripes, I'm not an experienced breeder but it does not take one to look at those puppies and KNOW that they are NOT a pure Doberman.

Does she have other breeds? I would even guess Pitbull or something similar. Geez, if I had an extra $500 I'd file it myself!!

I can't believe people would pay good money for them - but there are a lot of ignorent people out there. Just the fact that the breeder is advertising them as "rare" for more money makes my blood boil.

Reactions: dragonman

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
She herself only has two Dobe bitches and a very old Boxer. These puppies are at one of her "breeders" homes that she brokers puppies for. You can click on meet the breeders and find Pat George. She is the one who actually has the 2 litters at this time. Garretts only have one breeding female, other is the mother (Kimbertall) who is spayed and older now. This is all according to their web site anyway. Pat George owns the dog they all use for stud.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
What I think is a shame is that this site is all about selling pups. Good experienced breeders breed dogs that are a great example of the standard of that breeder. She clearly states on her web site that her dobies run bigger than the standard "because most people like it that way". YUCK.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
one or two of those "Fawn" females are the colors of a viszla. even with variation in the fawn coloring, some of those colors are in no way, fawn. not a doberman dilution of red, fawn at least.

but id bet they are mixes. that is a definite color in pits, thats for sure.

·
Premium Member
8,880 Posts
one or two of those "Fawn" females are the colors of a viszla. even with variation in the fawn coloring, some of those colors are in no way, fawn. not a doberman dilution of red, fawn at least.

but id bet they are mixes. that is a definite color in pits, thats for sure.
The reason I think of a pit is the white patch on the head. Viszlas and ridgebacks are normally solid color - although the color is sure right for a Viszla - I have seen white on the chest of ridgebacks, but not the head. Your right and I agree that those colors on some of the fawns (note the black nose on at least one of them which you would not see in a fawn Doberman) is not at all fawn or even red.

Uggghhh $1500 for those fawns - uncropped. It costs less overall to buy from a good breeder with actual champions not a few champions generations back.

Reactions: dragonman

·
Registered
162 Posts
My freind just registered his pups with the AKC and all that was required was money and proof that both parents were registered with the AKC as well. I wouldn't put my faith in paperwork... but I think these pics say it all!

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Unfortunately this BYB doesn't know enough to even realize they are mixed breeds!!! Great breeders huh?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts