Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i live in florence, ms near jackson, ms and i am looking for a doberman puppy. if anybody has any info please let me know. thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats how old everybody i know has gotten there pups. i got my min pin at that age. i want a black and tan male.

·
Like a Ninja
3,916 Posts
Just because you got a puppy at 6 weeks doesn't make it right, and doesn't mean the person you got your puppy from was a great/reputable/ethical breeder...

Puppies shouldn't leave any earlier than 8wks..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i didnt say it was right i didnt know but he came to a loving family and is doin great. i just want a doberman pup it could be up to 12 weeks. i just want one young enough so i can train it the way i want

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Old Drum is in Missouri and I believe J Bar S is as well. I don't know of any others, which of course does not mean there aren't any others. Welcome to DT and good luck with your search.

Please research the breed thoroughly, Dobes are not a particularly healthy breed, and can end up costing tens of thousands of dollars in veterinary care, if you aren't careful.

Reactions: Aphrodite

·
Registered
7 Posts
There's a man on Siwell Road at Byram that breeds his a couple of times a year and puts out a sign when he does. Basically a back yard breeder. I'm not sure how much he wants for the puppies when he sells them. If that might interest you he's 10 minutes from you. The sign isn't up right now though.

·
Registered
939 Posts
There's a man on Siwell Road at Byram that breeds his a couple of times a year and puts out a sign when he does. Basically a back yard breeder. I'm not sure how much he wants for the puppies when he sells them. If that might interest you he's 10 minutes from you. The sign isn't up right now though.
OP, PLEASE don't take this advice. This is just ridiculous. NOBODY should be buying a BYB dog. You're perpetuating a huge problem if you do. Responsible breeders health test, temperament test, title their dogs, and aim to produce only high quality Dobermans. You and your puppy DESERVE this and the support of a breeder.

PLEASE do some research and get your puppy from a reputable breeder. I did not get my Callie from a reputable breeder and I absolutely regret it. I love my dog, because who doesn't fall in love with a new puppy? BUT, it has been a harder road than it needed to be. I have no support if I need it, she came uncropped (that is a HUGE headache, both emotionally and financially) and I have no idea what her lineage is. I will have to live with not knowing what her future holds- if there is some sort of genetic problem lurking. Its a worry thats always in the back of my head when I think of her. To top it all off, for what I've paid so far with her initial cost, shots that the "breeder" failed to do, her crop, and deworming, I could have easily paid for a high quality, well bred puppy.

The suggestion of Old Drum was fanatastic- shoot them an email. They come well recommended, and have absolutely gorgeous dogs.

·
Got mutt?
13,828 Posts
I DO hope you are trying to be sarcastic.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
You've been a member since 2010 and THIS is the advice you give? Have you read nothing on here?
Sarcastic or not, it's promoting and putting the info out there for what is probably a terrible breeder.

OP, this is TERRIBLE advice!
Some great breeders have been suggest by other members, please start your research with that advice instead.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
This is a joke, right?

Fail troll fails hard.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I actually wasn't trying to make a joke. Wasn't really trying to promote a back yard breeder either, at least not intentionally. My pup came from a back yard breeder of the worst sort. She was neglected, and taken away from her momma way too early. She had problems and was sort of a rescue is the way we viewed it. If we hadn't gotten her, we dont think she would have lived. Yes, I've learned on here to buy from a reputable breeder and the next one I have will come from a reputable breeder. I guess I was trying to be a helper and answer someone's question before I really thought about it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If I could figure out how to edit or delete my post, I would. I posted without thinking and after seeing these comments, it makes me think and wish I could get rid of the comments. Not because of the negative feedback, but because I agree with them. My cousin called me the other day asking about a doberman puppy. I told him to go to dobermantalk.com and look for information about breeders and told him do NOT Buy from a byb. Then I went on here and posted a suggestion about buying from one. That wasn't very intelligent of me and I admit it.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I really hope that's not where you would want someone to get their dog from? OP please stay far far away from this breeder. That's a horrible idea.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts