Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Doberman Pinschers have a somewhat bad reputation. By many they are made out to be large, aggressive and very dangerous dogs.

Although Dobermans aren't nearly as popular as they were in the past they are still up there on the list. However I for one don't think the Doberman Pinscher deserves its bad reputation.

Although Dobermans were and still are considered one of Americas top guard dogs. Yes I agree Doberman Pinscher make very good guard dogs but they also make very good pets.

Doberman Pinschers are one of the most loving and loyal dog breeds I know of. Even a Doberman who greets a stranger with teeth bared and showing will always greet his owner/family with a happy smile and wagging tail, if he has one that is lol.

How many of you agree that Doberman Pinschers are one of the most loving and loyal dog breeds? Let me know what you think.

Thanks!
Paige.

·
Pack Leader
1,551 Posts
I agree Paige and I will quote a passage from www.Dogbreedinfo.com who says it better than I can.

Although the Doberman has the reputation of being a very aggressive dog, this is just not the case. For example, Dobes make great therapy dogs. They are sweet and gentle with nursing-home patients - tippy-toeing over IV tubing and walking at the resident's speed (which can be very slow), while at the same time will fiercely defend his master if it becomes necessary. These dogs are like big, protective babies. Doberman Pinschers have many talents including tracking, watchdogging, guarding, police work, military work, search & rescue, therapy work, competitive obedience and schutzhund.
DA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts