Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was Doberman Day here in town, but I also had a photo session with one of Monster's play buddies (Leeloo)... she's a rally dog here in town. Gorgeous girl - didn't get many good photos of her, but I had fun, anyway. :)

Here's a couple of photos at dobe day.. there were a couple of dogs there that weren't Dobermans, though - the more the merrier, I always say. It's really nice to see that people aren't as afraid of our Dobermans as they used to be. People used to pull up, stare, and then drive away. They're getting brave. ;) Total there were about 7 dobermans, I didn't get a chance to photograph them all together.

^That is Dory.. she was adopted from a local shelter, where she was on death row. She would have been PTS simply because people didn't like her "creepy eyes." She's a sweet, awesome little girl, with what I feel are GORGEOUS eyes!

Here are a few photos of Leeloo..

And here are the three most beautiful Dobergirls in Tulare county.. ;)

Monster, Onyx & Leeloo.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great pictures! Love the Dobers!

I can't believe they were going to euth that girl with her "creepy eyes"; they're gorgeous!
I know, right?! You would think people would be drawn to that sort of thing, I genuinely don't understand it. Usually people are looking for something in a dog that makes them "unique," at least I usually do. I LOVE dogs with odd markings/eyes, eyes like this definitely don't creep me out. I'm just glad she didn't get pts and that she found an awesome home with people who loved her! :)

awww looks like a fun day! I think Dory has the most amazing eyes ever!
It was a fun day, and I totally agree with you! haha

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
WoW! I love Dorys eyes! And those dobes are all gorgeous! Love the pics of Leeloo :)

Reactions: KateIndeed

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,689 Posts
Great pics of beautiful dogs!! Dory has beautiful eyes!! :butfly:

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys. :D It really is a blast to have so many local, well-behaved dobermans. I never knew there were so many until we got Monster, and then they all seemed to come out of the woodwork. Most of them are rescues, too, which is even cooler!

Reactions: Coco Loco

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
Great pictures!

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
We have something like that near Columbus, Ohio. Its called Doberfest. Its in September and this year it was there 17th annual.
It is put on by Hand Me Down Dobes Rescue. It is at a 12 acre dog park. It is amazing to have around 80 YES 80 Dobes running loose in this park.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We have something like that near Columbus, Ohio. Its called Doberfest. Its in September and this year it was there 17th annual.
It is put on by Hand Me Down Dobes Rescue. It is at a 12 acre dog park. It is amazing to have around 80 YES 80 Dobes running loose in this park.
How amazing! I'm jealous, I wish we could get something together like that to raise money for CA rescues - I'd be there in a heartbeat if we did! I would love to see photos of that event, too. :) Ours is still small, but considering how small our town is, I think 7 was a pretty good number.

We're hoping to get more when we change locations to a bigger park, though.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Those eyes are stunning, I would've adopted her with one glance! Love all the dobys, favorite is the 3 girls together lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts