Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the news that the irresponsible Doberman owner was arrested last week due to her “non-leashed” dobe bit the university student in the park last November and she refused to appear the police to solve the trouble.

It turned out to be one-sided report by media.
My friend knows this owner as well as other Doberman owners in that area. The following was NOT reported in the news. Disappointed and frustrated.

She and her dobe had been harassed by the “so-called victim” university student. What a kid. If I knew him, I would bite him for dobe!
She changed her walk schedule and route to avoid meeting this guy. Unfortunately, they met in the park while they were playing a ball with “long leash”. The student suddenly squealed and ran towards them, because he enjoyed harassment, crazy!
The 3yr old female dobe was surprised and bit him.

OK, the owner had responsibility to control her dog. However apparently the student harassed them. On the internet, the Doberman and owner were treated as vicious and cold hearted.

10 police officers came to her home to take the single dog to the police station and the dog was badly beaten up by them.
Luckily the dog was returned from the police, no penalty for the dog, but she is suffering trauma. Poor dog…

The owner has hired the lawyer and is ready to fight with the crazy victim.
I don't know what the victim wanted, money or dog to be killed?? I feel sorry for the owner and dog.

Who knows when we encounters the anti-Doberman and victim wanna-be. We have to be careful to the public.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
I can understand how this has happened, the world is full of weirdos. I have a stalker who seems to revel in following me around, moving like some wannabe Rambo and jumping out in front of me in order to scare me. Naturally it sets my Dobe boy off but because he has to wear a muzzle when out and about I guess the guy thinks he can torment us with impugnity, (Dobe can't bite through a muzzle so I can do what I want with no penalty) Thing is my 2 Terriers are not muzzled and they go mad at my stalker to which his response is to start swinging at them with whatever he can find. I have changed my routes, changed my times, when I see him I walk in the opposite direction but every now and then he appears and the saga begins again. My son has asked him to stop what he is doing but he is definitely a sandwich short of a picnic and just laughs. The police won't do anything, (one actually said, until he does something like attacks you he hasnt committed an offence, true, to a point, but isn't harrassment an offence? Not here, not with this bunch of morons wearing blue it isn't).
I fear that one day my boys will not stop at barking, either my Terriers will go in and bite the looney tunes or my Dobe will jump up at him and knock him to the ground. (Toby is leashed in areas where we might meet people he is also muzzled but that doesnt mean he cannot jump up and knock someone to the ground especially if that someone suddenly jumps out in front of you and laughs like a maniac less than 3 feet from your face.)

Thing is, this guy revels in making me jump and then plays on the fact that I have dogs who bark at him to the villagers.

I hope this poor woman and her Dobe get the justice they deserve and the man who did this along with the police officers who treat her dog so badly get their butts kicked, legally speaking of course.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can understand how this has happened, the world is full of weirdos. I have a stalker who seems to revel in following me around, moving like some wannabe Rambo and jumping out in front of me in order to scare me. Naturally it sets my Dobe boy off but because he has to wear a muzzle when out and about I guess the guy thinks he can torment us with impugnity, (Dobe can't bite through a muzzle so I can do what I want with no penalty) Thing is my 2 Terriers are not muzzled and they go mad at my stalker to which his response is to start swinging at them with whatever he can find. I have changed my routes, changed my times, when I see him I walk in the opposite direction but every now and then he appears and the saga begins again. My son has asked him to stop what he is doing but he is definitely a sandwich short of a picnic and just laughs. The police won't do anything, (one actually said, until he does something like attacks you he hasnt committed an offence, true, to a point, but isn't harrassment an offence? Not here, not with this bunch of morons wearing blue it isn't).
I fear that one day my boys will not stop at barking, either my Terriers will go in and bite the looney tunes or my Dobe will jump up at him and knock him to the ground. (Toby is leashed in areas where we might meet people he is also muzzled but that doesnt mean he cannot jump up and knock someone to the ground especially if that someone suddenly jumps out in front of you and laughs like a maniac less than 3 feet from your face.)

Thing is, this guy revels in making me jump and then plays on the fact that I have dogs who bark at him to the villagers.

I hope this poor woman and her Dobe get the justice they deserve and the man who did this along with the police officers who treat her dog so badly get their butts kicked, legally speaking of course.
Quite a similar case with you, according to my friend.
The woman asked the police to do something with the man but like you were told, as long as he hasn't done anything phisically offensive, the police could do nothing.
Then the guy might think he would make a scene to become a victim himself to harass the woman and her dog at the highest level!

I can't believe why this stupid guy is the "victim". They are the real victims.
Please take care of yourself and your dogs. The world is going crazy everywhere. Sad...

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I feel badly for the owner and worse for the dog.

Garth was a devil as a youngster and my husband and I discussed what we would do if the authorities came to take him.
I had a plan.

Bottom line, over my dead body you will take my dog.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Thankfully I have already decided that if some human would dare to harass me or dog he/she would regret this. No one will take my dog from me with a fight on their hands and me probably in big trouble. I think of him as my second child and I would have hurt someone if either of my boys were threatened in any way. I guess I have the "mother bear syndrome"!!

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
I too have made the decision that if anything were to happen (god forbid) I would not allow anyone to take any one of my dogs from me, they would have to shoot me and that is not an exaggeration.

The other day whilst I was on my own land a man suddenly appeared on one of the tracks that runs alongside of it for around a couple of hundred metres then onto it later on which startled my smallest Terrier, he set up barking which in turn started his big brother off and of course Toby barked too. Thing is they were with me not in the compound so when they ran forward the man started shouting and waving his arms like he was a bloody windmill about to take off. I shouted for the man to shut up and stand still. Toby was a good 50 foot from his position and was coming back to me when the man threw a huge rock at him. I called Toby over, put him in the down position and called my Terriers who were around 30 foot from the man, still on my land and not moving forward, just barking. I was so angry I could barely speak. All 3 of my dogs once at my feet went into the down position. But did the man shut the heck up, oh no, he was shouting and waving his arms and walking towards me. In the end my grandson who is only 14 had to go up to the man and tell him to shut up and clear off, (honestly he was actually walking towards us getting more and more irate with each step with a huge rock in his hands and threatening to throw it any second).

Now okay, in public places I am required by law to have Toby muzzled and on a leash, but my land is not a public place. (It is no different from your backyards). Now normally I do not take my dogs out with me when I am working on the land but lately I have run into a couple of wild boar with young rooting around on the lower terraces and whilst they are shy creatures they are not adverse to charging you and they are blooming big things with tusks that look like they could disembowel me with no trouble. So of late I have been taking the dogs out with me for protection because my neighbours have told me that if the boar smell dogs coming or around they high tail it off down the valley, but with humans they seem to not be that bothered and that is when you can run into trouble.
At no time was the man in any danger, the dogs never went near him, no closer than 50 feet as I have said in Toby's case and 30 feet in the case of my 2 Terriers, and what is more there is a wall between the track and the land on which my dogs were stood. (it is made of stone and is around 4 foot wide and 3 foot high, but because of the lay of the land my dogs could see over it and of course the man could see them) Granted a Dobe barking at you is somewhat scary if you happen to be somewhat nervous, but by ranting and raving he was making the situation far more volatile than it needed to be. Toby immediately came to me when I shouted him and went into the down position but still the man threw a hefty size rock in his direction. I told the man had that hit him I would have given him a bloody nose for his trouble. I also told him to not come down that track again seeing as it only leads to my land and in order to get anywhere once you reach its end you have to walk across my land. I made him turn around and go back whence he came.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Wait, what?! If this happened to me the media would know all about it and have a field day with it
Police officers can take dogs and beat them now?!
I know, this part disturbed me no end. They are supposed to be upholders of the law not dispensers of mob justice for heavens sake.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Ugh this pisses me off. I didn't know cops can do that, and I'm not entirely sure they can. I'm so over this whole breed discrimination thing, if it were something like a golden, I doubt this kind of result would have ensued.

I'm so happy the cops on campus where I attend are awesome, (and it helps cuz my job makes me Know all of them).

Anyway, its a dog friendly campus and everyone loves Gus and he loves everybody. But one day this stupid kid on a skateboard comes rattling by, jumps off and kneels down and hugs Gus's head!!!! Now, this is all in like a fraction of a second, gus was sleeping at my feet and i was chatting with somebody. Just as i figure out what happened I hear him emit this low growl and I'm like "dude, back off back off back off back off!" and just as he pulls off of him Gus snaps in his face! Didnt get him though. Well, the kid freaked out and began to make a scene and UPD is called and they know Gus too, and when they heard what happened the big cop was like, if you had hugged my head when I was napping I would have bitten your face off too...

But seriously. Asking before touching a dog is always prudent, But a (at the time) 95 lb Doberman? He's a total love bug, but he wouldn't take any kind of harassment, toward himself or me.

·
R.I.P. Justice
48 Posts
10 police officers came to her home to take the single dog to the police station and the dog was badly beaten up by them.
what the hell???? Was the dog named Rodney King or something?

Wow. Just WOW.

Hope the Dobe was able to get past such a traumatic event... how sad.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wait, what?! If this happened to me the media would know all about it and have a field day with it
Police officers can take dogs and beat them now?!
It is secondhandhand info and that's what I was shocked too!!

The police officers came and protected themselves with "shields". Any dog who has a history of biting a person and received the complain, the police would think of her as a vicious dog.
Every investigation at the police station is now recorded for transparency so that the owner found out what happened to her dog.
It's nonsense to shutup/quiet the freightened dog by beating, because of the breed!!??:mad:
However, I was really relieved that the dog didn't face euthanasia. This is my guess though, the police might have investigated the owner's neighbors whether her dog is really vicious and she is not.

Japanese mass media is shXt. They always lack something.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I went through a small problem back last August with a neighbor. I was very afraid they would take my dog. I was also not impressed with the police officer they sent to my house. My dog DID NIP the butt of my neighbor. Not good. But the noise she was making was to give the impression there were huge hunks of flesh torn from her body. Anyway, I suffered for many months over this. As bad as I believe we have it here in some towns, it appears we are still better off then in the foreign countrys. I can't imagine how this kind of stalking is not considered a crime in Japan or Spain. Could you buy and carry one of those stun wards that zaps someone there without breaking the law?:confused:

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Toby Shuman has said before that they cant have tasers or any kind of pepper spray. Apparently, we are pretty lucky over here.///// I had a problem with a neighbor in the 70's, before lease laws. My neighbor called the police saying one of my dobermans growled at her thru her storm door. The policeman knew me, ex wife of Chief of Police son, but he was scared to come in the house with my dobermans. They never bothered anyone when loose and I knew better then what she said. She didnt want them in her yard was all. Oh yeah, she lied and said they were barking at nite. Thats what made me angry. The policeman suggested I go talk to her. I was going to college and had an all nite study session, then marched over there that morning and said I was sorry the dogs had bothered her and asked if she had heard them barking last nite. She said, "Well yes, I did hear them some." To which I replied, "I just wondered, because I put the dogs in the basement and stayed up all nite studying. I didnt hear them... Continued

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
...barking and I just wondered if you did!" Ha, still remember exactly what was said 39 years later. It was too good to forget. :):):) She was speechless, having been caught redhanded in a lie. I just looked at her for a second, turned around and walked off. Never heard another complaint out of her. I wish they were all that simple!

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
What LindaH has said is true, we cannot carry Tazers, (boy that would be just too cool if we could) though the law says I can carry Mace the police say I can't and would arrest me if they found I was carrying it.

A few months ago a story appeared in a newspaper here. A woman was attacked in the street by a man, she had a mace spray in her bag and somehow managed to get it out, the guy got a face full. When the police arrived they arrested the woman and she was sentenced to 3 months in prison for injuring the man. The man walked free as the courts announced he was a victim because whilst she had bruises and the man had tried to drag her into an alley she had used a mace spray. Apparently the judge said she had gone out tooled up. Now there is a thought.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts