Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
9,170 Posts
Codysmom said:
Just cuirous. who is going? are you going to show your dog?

cc
Not me. I have yet to get to one, but plan on going next year when it is back on the East Coast........hubby is just going to have to deal with the kids in some way :)

Colorado is just too far for me this year. I've got big family vacations (read expensive) coming up later this year and early next summer so I can't afford Colorado. Also, I really don't want to transport a dog that far for a show.

I am really looking forward to going to my first national next year. I will plan on bringing one of my bitches. If Louise is not finished, she will go. If she is, then one of them will go for obedience....just depends on who is ready for what ring at that time. I avoid bringing both dogs when I can - it is just too much work.

· Premium Member
9,170 Posts
Murreydobe said:
I didn't actually know which dog he'd pick..but I thought it would be a black male, probably from South American breeding. Instead, he completely shut out the SA dogs (too big, from what I was told on the phone) and went with a black bitch, American bred and with very good breed type. So it's a surprise..but a good one.

Raisin also earned a bunch of new titles in performance events during the week. She's been retired for about 2-3 years, has had two litters and still looks WONDERFUL I'm told.
His pick did not surprise me at all. I've seen Ray judge before and he really does look for a nice standard dog/bitch. He may not personally be breeding for the show ring, but he does seem to know what is what. One of his AOM dogs won breed under him last February at the Garden Specialty - the Niklby bitch handled by Ashley Cuzzolino. Last Feb she won BOB over a lot of big specials that were also entered at Westminster later that week.

I was thrilled to hear that Raisin won - I think she is the TOTAL Doberman that he talks about :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.